Sold

swampblues

Reaction score
Great Guitar for the money Looong Tenon too

Last edited:

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Here is a sweet 1990 Made In Japan "Mint Collection EG-57 GRECO Les Paul Goldtop Built at Tokai factory due to Horn shape and Wiring cavity. Amazing quality with high craftsmanship went into building these Mint Collection reissue EG-57-50 model Les Pauls from Japan including long neck tenon neck setting. Pound for Pound as good as any USA Les Paul Reissue at less than 1/4 the price.

Plays fabulous with great low action. Comes with a sweet medium C profile neck , medium/ jumbo frets on her dark rosewood fretboard. The Long Neck tenon gives her that extra sustain like the $4000 USA Gibson equivalents. The Goldtop finish just sparkles. Plug her into your favorite tube amp and she roars to life with that classic FAT Humbucker Tone!

Overall condition for this 30 year old guitar is a super clean and shiny 8.8 on 10 (a few dings, light chrome tarnish, light belt buckle rash, and a small paint chip on front, see pics). Great balanced weight at 8.4 pounds and will ship in a nice black padded case

Mahogany two piece body, with body & neck cream binding
Medium C profile mahogany neck with a rosewood fretboard, medium/jumbo frets & trapezoidal inlays
Long neck tenon , set neck model with a mustache Gibson style headstock profile & inked serial number

Tune-o-matic style bridge & stop tail piece , Kluson style vintage tuners
2 volume, 2 tone , 3 way selector switch, and Black Cat capacitors Asking $650 Shipped ppg or add 3% CUSA
View attachment 385075View attachment 385076View attachment 385077View attachment 385078View attachment 385079View attachment 385080View attachment 385081
Other than a cheap looking headstock not bad at all, good bang for the buck sounds sweet :headbanger: .

Roxy13

Reaction score
I didn't like that comment much either and didn't understand it.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Wow i complimented your guitar and said one little thing and im asinine I said its a fine guitar .IVE ALWAYS WANTED TO OWN A GRECO maybe i meant to say it was funky so you enjoy your lovely Greco . :D :D :D :D :D and i am a proud AMATEUR,

swampblues

Reaction score
I want to apologise for my hotheaded response above I own an Epiphone I get people slagging an instrument i wasnt taking a slap at your guitar enjoy your guitar my temper gets me in trouble sometimes enjoy your lp .
It's all good no problem I thought it was funny I know how good this guitar is. ALL GOOD MY FRIEND

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Thanks for being a cool cool cat best of luck selling your geetar sorry fer being a knob im a pretty easy going guy cheers :D

freebird2

Reaction score
Interesting Greco. The Tokai-made Grecos that I have seen do not have a serial number on the headstock. I believe most were made between 1988 in 1992, but I am not positive on those dates. The most certain way to know if it is Tokai made is looking at the pick up routing cavities and the neck tenon joint inside the neck cavity.

swampblues

Reaction score
Interesting Greco. The Tokai-made Grecos that I have seen do not have a serial number on the headstock. I believe most were made between 1988 in 1992, but I am not positive on those dates. The most certain way to know if it is Tokai made is looking at the pick up routing cavities and the neck tenon joint inside the neck cavity.
I removed the Tokai part. I screwed up, Another member said "OH Round Horn Tokai made
IMG_0268.jpg
?" I didn't notice the question mark. Here's the wiring cavity so now I'm not sure at what factory she was built at. Fujigen maybe

TheWilly17

Reaction score
Insane price Swampy! This should be gone by now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,damn headstock!

I JOKE, I JOKE!:cheers2:

freebird2

Reaction score
Not the wiring cavity, the pickup cavities. Show a pic of the neck pickup cavity please.

wulfman

ABB Fan
Premium Member
Reaction score
+1, Great guitar, Fujigen Goldie for the win!