SOLD: VIDEO - PRICE DROP- 2018 Gibson Historic R8 Les Paul Dark Bourbon Fade Gloss - 8lbs 4oz!!!

PlainT0P83

Reaction score
Weighs 8lbs 3.6oz. (8.23#) - VIDEOS of it in action down in the thread...

This R8 is finished in the rare and highly desirable "Bourbon Fade." While not officially labeled as such, this marks the 60th anniversary for this model. This example is lightweight and very resonant, weighing in at only 8lbs 3.6oz. All original and has everything an R8 should need. Very large, rounded neck profile, period accurate small frets, all hide-glue construction, nylon nut, Custombuckers, etc... The neck is set up straight with 9.5-44s and plays effortlessly. Comes with the sough after Lifton "badge" case that is no longer being made.

There are two small dings on the back near the cutaway, some small marks near the output jack (see pics) and some marks from polishing and play ware. No fret-wear. This guitar is still exceptionally clean and glossy. Comes with all of the essential case candy (COA, hang tags, repro lit and plain toggle switch cover).

$OLD - I usually ship UPS ground within 1 biz day. I pack very well, but insurance optional. No trades please. I want to make sure you are 100% satisfied so please feel free to ask questions.

Last edited:

PlainT0P83

Reaction score
I thought I would post some "quick and dirty" video clips so you could get an idea of how responsive this guitar is. It is a beast! Not the best quality, shot on an iPhone 11, so the audio is maxed, but gives you an idea.

This is what a middle-aged guitar nerd does for fun on a Saturday night: rocks out alone in his basement with a fog machine!

Played straight into my Stonecutter 4xEL84 at full bore into a 2x12 cab with Vintage 30s; no pedals; just using volume and tone controls to change tone...

"Crazy Little Thing Called A Custom Shop Les Paul"

"Tead Newgent plays Led Sabbath"

"R8 Boogie"

"Fawghelmut"

"Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Latest Threads