Sold/Traded: 1998 Gibson Historic '54 Reissue Les Paul Custom

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Reaction score
This is a bit unexpected for me, but I need to move my 1998 Gibson Custom Shop Historic '54 Reissue Les Paul Custom with original Custom Shop case. This is actually the second time that I've owned this guitar (and second time selling :rolleyes: ).

It has a fair amount of wear to show for its nearly two decades of service, especially on the back, where there is some touched up paint covering some buckle rash. It also looks to have been refretted by the previous owner (between my two ownerships), but was done in a fashion such that the "nibs" (i.e., the part of the frets with neck binding over them) were preserved. You can feel a bit of discontinuity in the transition.

No breaks or repairs in the guitar's history. It's all original except for the bridge saddles, which have been replaced (pics show old replacement saddles, but it now has proper gold ones).

Weight is 9 lbs, 12 oz.

Here are the neck thickness measurements:
1st fret: 0.892"
7th fret: 0.949"
12th fret: 1.005"

The pickups are original and sound fantastic. These neck Alnico V staple pickups are really something special, especially when used in combination with the bridge P-90. Most of the bridge saddles have been replaced prior to my ownership.

Sale includes the original black Custom Shop hardshell case, which shows quite a bit of wear.

Overall, this is a really nice example of an early Historic from the sixth year of the Reissue program and the third one of these made that year.

Asking $3450 PP/shipped within the ConUS.

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0001.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG
DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG
DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG
DSC_0055.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG
DSC_0020.JPG
DSC_0017.JPG
DSC_0018.JPG
DSC_0019.JPG
DSC_0021.JPG

Last edited:

jenton70

Premium Member
Reaction score
The ole Abbey Road money shot. Killer guitar! Buy with absolute confidence here, folks.

PontiacKendall

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to have bought this from Bossaddict when he sold it the first time (I'm not the one that made the mods though). I can attest to the fact that everything he's said above is spot on. The pickups sounded wonderful in either the neck/bridge position but especially when it was switched to both. A lot of guitar for the money here and Boss is great to work with.

Latest Threads