SOLD: Heritage H157 - LP Custom Killer w/OX4 Hot Duanes

myoldfriend

Suffers from GAS
Reaction score
While I'm hesitant to call this a "player's" guitar, it essentially is that. I don't like to use that term because most of the listings for "player's" instruments are for guitars with the life gigged out of them that have a new set of strings and have been sprayed with four coats of Mom's pledge. ;)

This is not that.

Aside from some legit playwear (light worming, several pinhead-sized dings, a small chip or two, finish swirl, etc.) to the finish, this guitar is in very good condition for a 1996. Neck is arrow straight. The (ebony as we all know) fretboard has no dings, dents or divots and calling the fretwear at 5% would be an overstatement. Real MOP block inlays - not plastic. Highly and tastefully modified as listed below. I kid not - purchased from a Gent who claimed to play in Church. Playwear would be totally appropriate for extended use in that environment. The guitar was bone-stock when I acquired it save for Schaller straplocks.

Mods include:
  • OX4 Hot Duane pickups, shiny nickel covers
  • CTS 5% pots
  • Switchcraft barrel jack and 3-way pickup switch
  • Vintage pull (not Luxe or repro) Bumblebee 0.022 caps
  • TonePros TP6G-N Nickel locking bridge with nylon saddles
  • TonePros T1ZS-N Nickel locking stop tailpiece
  • NOS Grover Tulip tuners with threaded bushings
  • Vintage Gibbons poker chip, new pup rings, amber switch tip & speed knobs
  • New Elixir Nanoweb stirngs
  • Frets polished, board cleaned & conditioned
I'd like to clear $xxxx for this 9.8lb. black beauty and the OHSC. Let me tell you, the Hot Duanes absolutely KILL; just the right amount of nasally snap in the middle position, not unlike a hot-rodded Esquire...

More pics in this album .

Last edited:

myoldfriend

Suffers from GAS
Reaction score
Had a couple inquiries regarding neck profile and weight. I may be off a tenth or two of a mm - measured with calipers without removing strings...

Nut: 11/16"
1st Fret: 0.75"
12th Fret: 0.93"
Weight: 9.8 lbs.

Last edited:

myoldfriend

Suffers from GAS
Reaction score
I must be out of my mind listing this 157 at this price. Wolfe Guitars, probably the largest Heritage dealer on the planet, has a stock-equipped H157 circa 1997 selling for almost $2,600. I'm certain they will discount, but...

myoldfriend

Suffers from GAS
Reaction score
Asked about the pick guard - original 5-ply (BWBWB) included in sale.

myoldfriend

Suffers from GAS
Reaction score
This is the real deal folks - hand built by real people at 225 Parsons St. in Kalamazoo using the same tried&true methods that Gibson was using in the 1960's. No CNC machined, custom shop aged, murphy painted, wildwood spec, true historic BS. Just a deep-dish carved top that was shaped by a Heritage employee - not a computer. And plenty of soul.

Last edited:

myoldfriend

Suffers from GAS
Reaction score
Lots of views here lol. Even received an offer from Wolfe Guitars :cool2:

(in case you don't know, Wolfe is THE largest Heritage dealer in the world)

Last edited:

myoldfriend

Suffers from GAS
Reaction score
Just take a look at that HAND CARVED, deep dish goodness. Sexy AF:

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
Does the slight inward angulation in the headstock solve the tuning issues of a typical LP? Also, never realized the jacks are recessed like that with Heritages. Looks more professional.