Sct13

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still have mine from 2013....

GLWS

StubbyJ

Reaction score
Really like this one. Wish I was in the hunt. My buddy is, thus I'm going to try and get him to pull the trigger so I can play it. All done in the name of friendship of course.

Sct13

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still play it too.... its not a wall decoration.....

dwk302

Reaction score
Still have mine and love it. Everyone should own a Shanks at one point.

mcgeorge

Reaction score
THAT was a fantastic guitar. Best neck carve of all time. Period.
I had a pair of Yarons and this Shanks... #005 held its own with ease!

I'm not sure I could see it in the listing pics... but this guitar has amazing finish checking. Can look plain or flamed depending on the angle. Plays at least as good as it looks too. I can recommend #005 without hesitation.

Malcolm

Dazza

Reaction score
Any time I see one of these I think back to the absolute disinterest around here as it was unveiled. A wonderful example of 'who knew'. This little known CC ended up ticking so many boxes for so many, and continues to do so years later. I play mine regularly and if I could justify having another ...... well GLWTS.

Daz

SMAZCO

Reaction score
I think that's what is so great about the Shanks models. They're relatively less expensive than the new ones, have aging so you don't worry about minor scratches dings, don't feel guilty playing it all the time, and generally has the best neck carve Gibson put on one from the factory. The 60th LP I have is very close in feel, but it's so clean and new, you're sometimes worried about it. I'm surprised they're both still for sale. Had several nibbles, but nobody has laid claim yet. If I wasn't in the simplify life mode, these would be going nowhere.