SOLD.......Gibson Les Paul Custom ***Mystery*** guitar. Road warrior for sure. $3K shipped/paypaled OBO Partial Trades

Caretaker

Reaction score
Dave's guitar had a similar one like this with the serial number sprayed black over it for just under $10,000. His sales manager Tylor Fischer is a very difficult fellow to deal with, he would have his pink slip in my biz. I would say you have the real deal here that has been fixed over the years in service, what are the pickups in it? Pickups alone could be worth more than what you are asking.
None of the hardware or electronics are original.
pickups are 57 Classics. The bridge might be a 57 plus.

PGguy

Reaction score
Would you have a pic of the neck cavity? just wondering if there is a name engraved$$$, looks like it may have had a center pickup at one time like ACE's.

PGguy

Reaction score
Also, if that was played by some of the musicians that passed by Nashville(Bluebird Cafe) , it's a collector's piece for sure.

PGguy

Reaction score
Contact Dave's, Tylor may just give you more than your asking, Dave would be the guy to do final biz with, especially where the guitar's history has been.

Caretaker

Reaction score
Would you have a pic of the neck cavity? just wondering if there is a name engraved$$$, looks like it may have had a center pickup at one time like ACE's.
No name in there or any writing at all(no pics either).
No other routes.
No indication of a middle pickup.

PGguy

Reaction score
Some of the 57's were made by Tom Holmes back in the day.

Caretaker

Reaction score
I had a buyer but he is in Toronto and I will not ship outside the US so still for sale.
Had a trade offer also but need most in cash.

toymaker

Reaction score
Gotta say, I dont know WHAT you have...but it sure is neat.

Stories are just that - which seller clearly understands and acknowledges. Photos tell the "truth" and the seller has posted plenty.

Dont know seller or anything about the guitar, but have to say they are at least being transparent and going about this "the right way" - no need to flame them for telling the story...to me its no different than all the "goodwood years" "rare" or "highly sought after" descriptors used.

GLWS. To someone willing to do a bit of sleuthing - who knows, you might find sometjing here....but I have no doubt you'll get a killer guitar.

FLH

Reaction score
The serial number is there so any is free to investigate. If you find a definitive answer, I would really like to know.
BTW, I got this on a trade deal about 10 years ago.
Amy Kurland owned The Bluebird Cafe until she retired in 2008, and she's on Facebook. You could try contacting her and see if she knows anything about it.

toymaker

Reaction score
Agree with above. Its not like the Bluebird is ancient nor long gone...nor or its employees. Shouldnt be that hard to find SOMEONE who can shed a little light on this topic is someone was so inclined. Someone who was there from the start should still be around and reachable...and its not so big that someone wouldnt remember a specific guitar being kept on hand.

At worst, its what the seller described..a mystery guitar heavily used and modded.

People pay big money for "relics" - well this one is a relic as you can get.

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the buyer ever finds out the story please share. Interesting piece