Sold *** FS: 1985 Gibson Custom Shop ES-335 Blonde - Original Tim Shaw PAFs + RS pots/harness + Jescar Frets

windsen

Reaction score
This is killer 1985 ES-335 with all the desired mods/upgrades, including:

- RS Guitarworks 550k Super Pots + PIO caps (original harness included)
- Professionally refretted with Jescar 47104 frets
- Grover Vintage Tuners (original rotomatics included)

The original Tim Shaw PAFs are fantastic. They measure 7.5k. Neck shape is awesome as well- reminds of a mid 60s full shape - not a blade neck. The guitar plays extremely well and has superb sustain. The guitar has some really gorgeous and subtle flame to the top and back.

The previous owner had what looks like a Roland midi pickup mounted on the guitar at one time and some of the rubber dye has seeped into the finish on the top near the tail block. Notable buckle rash and string scratches near on the pegahead, along with the gorgeous checking, all add to the vibe on this one. Original bridge pickup ring was cracked (will be included), but replaced by era correct ring.

Includes original hardshell case

Asking $3750 shipped to lower 48, obo ***SOLD***

Here are clips of the guitar

http://instagr.am/p/COX2_Larzxc/

Last edited:

Slarvdude

Reaction score
I absolutely love this!!! I’m a Shaw fan also!!! I wish I could buy it, but the timing isn’t right for me. Best of luck with the sale… someone will get a incredible 335….

And, great playing in the video, sir!!!

windsen

Reaction score
I absolutely love this!!! I’m a Shaw fan also!!! I wish I could buy it, but the timing isn’t right for me. Best of luck with the sale… someone will get a incredible 335….

And, great playing in the video, sir!!!
Thanks for the kind words!

Mike I

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love this guitar! If it had popped up a couple of months ago it would be mine now, but I chose a 58 reissue that is also an awesome guitar!

Tim's pickups kick ass in a 335!

Good luck with your sale! Someones gonna get a sweet 335!

windsen

Reaction score
Those are Jumbo frets, correct?
I would say medium jumbo. The fretwire name denotes the height and width. 0.47" high is not quite as tall as say 6105 frets. They are the perfect fretwire, imo, for a blend of playability but also keeping the vintage vibe.

judson

Reaction score
very nice guitar and great playing....

i finally picked up an 1989 335 and there is a great tone to these that stands out from my other guitars

someone will enjoy and discover that with yours

if you dont own one, buy this one!

glws

windsen

Reaction score
very nice guitar and great playing....

i finally picked up an 1989 335 and there is a great tone to these that stands out from my other guitars

someone will enjoy and discover that with yours

if you dont own one, buy this one!

glws
Thank so much for the kind words. These 80s 335s are real sleepers!

Latest Threads