SOLD: 2017 VOS R9 Les Paul

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Up for sale is a 2017 '59 Reissue Les Paul in what I believe is Iced Tea finish. I got this very recently thinking that it might dethrone my beloved CC#7 as the only Historic that I'm allowing myself to own and it came pretty close, but the Shanks won out once again.

This one's got a gorgeous flame top with some mineral streaks that add a lot of character on top as well. The figuring looks different depending on lighting conditions and angle. I tried to capture pretty much all of those variations.

It's worth noting that all of my pictures show more red in the burst than comes across in real life. The finish is supposed to be Iced Tea, so the outside of the burst is more of a brownish red. I tried to take photos in direct bright sunlight (first image), dim morning light (second image), inside natural light (third image), and inside artificial light (fourth image) to get all the shades right up front, but they pretty much all came out redder than in real life. The pic with the two Neumann pencil mics in it (just prior to the ones of the back of the guitar) is probably the truest to color.

The guitar plays and feels great. Nice and balanced.

The pickups have been replaced with a set of double-cream Dimarzio PAF 36th Anniversary pickups. Also included are a set of raw (unpolished) nickel covers in case you prefer the covered look (not shown in photos).

Overall, the guitar is in great shape, with minimal fret wear, no dead spots, and (in my opinion) perfect action, but there is room for adjustment either way if you prefer it higher or lower. The only wear to speak of comes in the form of some light pick scratches in the area of the pickup selector switch, a small ding on the corner of the headstock, and a larger ding on the body (see close-up pics). There is also some "binding bleed" in which the aniline dye from the back of the neck bleeds onto the binding causing it to appear dark pink in locations with the most playing time. This is a normal occurrence on 2013-present Reissues and actually a point of historical accuracy, but I did want to mention that this one does indeed have it.

Weight is 8.5 lbs as shown (i.e., without pickup covers and with the plain toggle switch cover).

Here are the neck thickness measurements:
1st fret: 0.918"
7th fret: 0.959"
12th fret: 1.015"

COA is included.

Sale also includes original brown hardshell case in excellent condition as well as all the case "candy" (warranty booklet, hang tags, pickguard sticker, key, etc.).

SOLD -- Asking $4250 shipped, ConUS only.

Last edited:

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got this very recently thinking that it might dethrone my beloved CC#7 as the only Historic that I'm allowing myself to own and it came pretty close, but the Shanks won out once again.
Nothing has touched my Shanks yet either. I have quit looking. GLWTS....that is fine looking LP

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea.... so far not much else... the replica I just got is very close, but I haven’t even brought it to band yet. Too early to tell.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
Up for sale is a 2017 '59 Reissue Les Paul in what I believe is Iced Tea finish. I got this very recently thinking that it might dethrone my beloved CC#7 as the only Historic that I'm allowing myself to own and it came pretty close, but the Shanks won out once again.

This one's got a gorgeous flame top with some mineral streaks that add a lot of character on top as well. The figuring looks different depending on lighting conditions and angle. I tried to capture pretty much all of those variations.

It's worth noting that all of my pictures show more red in the burst than comes across in real life. The finish is supposed to be Iced Tea, so the outside of the burst is more of a brownish red. I tried to take photos in direct bright sunlight (first image), dim morning light (second image), inside natural light (third image), and inside artificial light (fourth image) to get all the shades right up front, but they pretty much all came out redder than in real life. The pic with the two Neumann pencil mics in it (just prior to the ones of the back of the guitar) is probably the truest to color.

The guitar plays and feels great. Nice and balanced.

The pickups have been replaced with a set of double-cream Dimarzio PAF 36th Anniversary pickups. Also included are a set of raw (unpolished) nickel covers in case you prefer the covered look (not shown in photos).

Overall, the guitar is in great shape, with minimal fret wear, no dead spots, and (in my opinion) perfect action, but there is room for adjustment either way if you prefer it higher or lower. The only wear to speak of comes in the form of some light pick scratches in the area of the pickup selector switch, a small ding on the corner of the headstock, and a larger ding on the body (see close-up pics). There is also some "binding bleed" in which the aniline dye from the back of the neck bleeds onto the binding causing it to appear dark pink in locations with the most playing time. This is a normal occurrence on 2013-present Reissues and actually a point of historical accuracy, but I did want to mention that this one does indeed have it.

Weight is 8.5 lbs as shown (i.e., without pickup covers and with the plain toggle switch cover).

Here are the neck thickness measurements:
1st fret: 0.918"
7th fret: 0.959"
12th fret: 1.015"

COA is included.

Sale also includes original brown hardshell case in excellent condition as well as all the case "candy" (warranty booklet, hang tags, pickguard sticker, key, etc.).

SOLD -- Asking $4250 shipped, ConUS only.

Beautiful

Latest Threads