Sold: 2013 Gibson Custom Shop '59 Reissue Flying V - $2975

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just made a major purchase and need to unload a few things to cover it, so you're going to be seeing quite a bit of me. :wave:

I got this V from @jeggz here on the forum a couple of years ago and it's a super resonant and light guitar featuring a mahogany body and neck. It plays and sounds great as well. I would like to keep this, but I just don't play a Flying V very often and like I said, I need to generate funds for the flattop I just got.

I was just getting ready to return it to all of its original parts, but I decided to leave it with all the upgrades for now in case you're into that. If not, I am more than happy to return it to mostly original (I no longer have the original pickup covers) and lower the price accordingly.

It's in great shape, with no notable wear. The only thing worth mentioning is that if you look closely, you can see where someone left the Custom Shop sticker (also included in the case and shows wear from being left on) on the pickguard and the part under where the stick was has aged/yellowed slightly less that the rest of the guard. It's not obvious, but you can see it if you look for it in person.

It's got a big fat neck, which I love, but if you're a super thin neck kind of person, you might want to think twice. Here are the thickness measurements:
  • 1st fret: 0.905"
  • 7th fret: 0.968"
  • 12th fret: 1.004"

Weight is 6 lbs, 11 oz.

Sale also includes original Custom Shop hardshell case with COA and checklist.

Asking $2975 PP/shipped ConUS only. Not interested in trades, thanks.

Last edited:

Pappy58

Reaction score
Beautiful...so glad that is not an Explorer or I might not be able to resist! GLWS!

Crotch

Triggered
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
What pickups are in this beast

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
What pickups are in this beast
I'm actually not 100% sure, but I want to say they're either '57 Classics or Custom Buckers.

EDIT: I just pulled the neck pickup and here's what it looks like...

Here are two separate Wildwood videos (neither are this actual guitar). The first is a 2012 and it says it has '57 Classics. The other is a 2014 and it has Custom Buckers. Not sure what my 2013 would have, but I'll keep looking.

Last edited:

rockinlespaul

Oxblood Addict
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It might have Custom buckers. My '13 Oxblood had CB's. Killer looking V! Glwts BA!

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
"It's good for what ails ya..."

Latest Threads