SOLD 2011 Les Paul Class 5

Brazilnut

Reaction score
Quilt top, one-piece back, long tenon. A mixture of modern and classic appointments. With a unique neck carve and weight relief, with old style construction and pickup placement, the Class 5 is unique among Les Pauls.

Excellent condition. One tiny chip on the top edge of the headstock overlay, above the "G" in "Gibson", swirl marks and probably a few little scratches I can't find.

Weighs 8 lbs, 5 oz. nice action, level frets. No fret wear, the guitar hasn't been played much. It came to me with a nice 50s harness, CTS pots and bumblebee caps. It didn't have any pickups, so I loaded it with a set of ThroBak "Custom" humbuckers, both measuring 9.2 kOhms. Comes with it's CS case in good condition.

$2700 ppl'd and shipped.

Brazilnut

Reaction score
I'll get that build date right yet! Thanks Thunder!

Brazilnut

Reaction score
I like the way the bridge posts are screwed directly into the maple top, old-style. Nice!

Bacchus2b

Reaction score
This guitar was mine for about six years! Great guitar and I installed a Martin Six String Customs "Holy Grail" Harness that was $250 by itself. That harness was the best sound upgrade ever! Ironically enough I had Throbak's in it as well, and the person I sold it to wanted to purchase without pickups so I sold those separately.

What model Throbak's do you have in it now?

Brazilnut

Reaction score
This guitar was mine for about six years! Great guitar and I installed a Martin Six String Customs "Holy Grail" Harness that was $250 by itself. That harness was the best sound upgrade ever! Ironically enough I had Throbak's in it as well, and the person I sold it to wanted to purchase without pickups so I sold those separately.

What model Throbak's do you have in it now?
They're called "Custom". Both read 9.2K. They sound great!

Jer

Reaction score
Great guitars. I have a 2015 “one-off” Class 5 and it is a fantastic guitar. Resonant, light, perfect neck. Custom shop quality. Someone better snag this. Great price too! Good luck!

Latest Threads