SOLD 1983 Gibson Les Paul Custom - White w/Factory Nickel Hrdwre ~ *PRICE DROP #2*

46and2

Reaction score
Beautiful Les Paul Custom in Alpine White with the super desirable Tim Shaw pickups and rare factory nickel hardware. All original except for locking Schaller strap buttons. Overall a real clean guitar in great condition. Some match head dings, small section of button worming (nothing through paint), some mild finish checking and some hardware oxidation. Original string winder tuners with pop out handles. Great playability, action can be set really low if desired. Original frets with minor fret wear. The original "chain saw" case is in excellent condition! The guitar weighs 10.5 lbs and sustains forever.

$SOLD shipped to the Lower 48 Only. If paying with Paypal, please add 3%.
No trades.
Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
I expected to see you here Daz. Hahaha
Good to see you too! :cheers:

Seems I'm getting a reputation in these parts! :eek2:
But at least I'm consistent!

I love these things from this era, and this one is no exception! :dude:

This is the real deal right down to the wonky pickup surrounds they used on them.

Flabby things they are! Mine had the same ones... :laugh2:

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
GLWS, OP!!

I would have much difficulty selling mine... Body parts would be sold first, I think...

lpfan1980

Reaction score
The Norlin era made some fine looking guitars in around 1983 like the Spotlights [i believe thats the name]. VERY NIFTY LPS -classy as all get out. I would not mind one of those, :D and I hear they play pretty well too.

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
The Norlin era made some fine looking guitars in around 1983 like the Spotlights [i believe thats the name]. VERY NIFTY LPS -classy as all get out. I would not mind one of those, :D and I hear they play pretty well too.
You better believe it!

These 80's models are IMO as an owner and several other converts, some of the best built, sounding and playing guitars out there. They are usually heavy, so that can be a turn off for some. But the fit and finish are usually top notch. Shaws just sweeten the pot.

Spotlight specials were scrap wood tops that Gibson turned into some fine looking guitars. A lot of experimenting and one offs were made during this time.

1983 Spotlight Special....:drool:

Free bump, OP! Hope you don't mind.. :thumb:

lpfan1980

Reaction score
You better believe it!

These 80's models are IMO as an owner and several other converts, some of the best built, sounding and playing guitars out there. They are usually heavy, so that can be a turn off for some. But the fit and finish are usually top notch. Shaws just sweeten the pot.

Spotlight specials were scrap wood tops that Gibson turned into some fine looking guitars. A lot of experimenting and one offs were made during this time.

1983 Spotlight Special....:drool:

Free bump, OP! Hope you don't mind.. :thumb:
yeah just superb looking things love em. :cheers: :cheers: :D they have this sense of atmosphere around them.