Sold! 1978 Tokai Les Paul Reborn SOLD- LS-80 with OX4 Low Winds- $SOLD plus shipping

MCT

Reaction score
Hey all,

I posted this in the MIJ Classfieds forum, but forgot to post it here!

From the original posting:

“Up for sale is a beautiful 1978 Tokai Les Paul Reborn LS-80 in a lovely dark cherry sunburst finish. Google these guitars and you’ll find countless rave reviews, especially when square against Norlin Gibson’s from this time period. This particular beauty has has a professional neck repair done at some point in its life, but it’s hardly noticeable when looking, and definitely not noticeable when playing! Very light superficial scratches can be seen in places (including on the neck, as documented in the photo), but is otherwise in top shape.

I’ve upgraded to electronics to include 500k pots and PIO caps. In addition, it currently is sporting a lovely set of OX4 A4 Low Winds, which sound magical on this guitar. Also, when I was putting knobs on the new pots, I only had 3 amber colored knobs, so the neck volume knob is gold.

Specs-wise, weight is around 4.6kg (a touch over 10 lbs), and neck is medium-to-thick ‘59 style. Frets have ~75% remaining.”

MLP members get a discount, as this community has been really good to me, so I’m offering it up for $1250 plus shipping.

I’m out of town until Saturday (hence why the Reverb listing is currently displaying “not available”, but it will be back up on Saturday, and can ship as early as Monday.

Any questions, PM me.

For more photos, here’s the Reverb listing:

Tokai Les Paul Reborn 1978 Dark Cherry Sunburst
https://reverb.com/item/34339829-tokai-les-paul-reborn-1978-dark-cherry-sunburst?utm_source=rev-ios-app&utm_medium=ios-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=34339829
1A7B513D-8215-4333-9D46-F2F36EE9660B.jpeg
5FE860DD-FAF3-4242-9009-6E2EA9B1A578.jpeg

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
Damn good deal for anyone wanting to cut their teeth on a sweet vintage Mij.

Good luck with the sale.

MCT

Reaction score
I could try to price out shipping to the EU, if you’d like

Homeras

Reaction score
I've got one guitar coming from US using USPS. 72 days now with no update.....:/
USPS is around 200$ but I wouldn't risk again using them. Courier companies were insanely expensive as I remember...

MCT

Reaction score
I've got one guitar coming from US using USPS. 72 days now with no update.....:/
USPS is around 200$ but I wouldn't risk again using them. Courier companies were insanely expensive as I remember...
Holy crap.

Rumzdizzle

Reaction score
Very cool, I have a LS-90Q (mid 2000s Les Paul style) and a 335-style Tokai from the same era. They are quality guitars, only thing that I did was upgraded the electronics and they are great players. Can imagine one from the late 70s to be even better craftsmanship. Also, that "Les Paul Reborn" is really cool. I would encourage anyone on the fence about this to jump on over, Tokais are great.

Latest Threads