SOLD!: 1965 Gibson/Cordovox amp project - Attn:Amp builders/tweekers

bblooz

Reaction score
I have a cool older tube amp project that I just don't think I'm going to get to soon, so I thought I'd pass it along. It is the amp chassis and cabinet from a 1965 Cordovox amp. It has a push-pull power amp chassis with a huge power transformer, full-wave solid-state rectifier and twin 7591 output tubes. The output transformer is original and in good condition. The preamp section runs 12AX7 tubes, and has separate input channels for instrument and mic. These were made by CMI (Gibson) back in the '60s. everything is in the original cabinet, which can easily be modified into a nice combo (big enough to handle 2x12" speakers if you want to). All it needs is a tone stack added to the preamp to made a great guitar amp (should be about ~25 watts output). It also has the original cover in pretty good condition. I have the tube charts and some of the schematics, but it's a pretty straight forward amp circuit. Let me know if you're interested. $125 o.b.o. plus shipping. (Free pickup in Detroit area)

Last edited:

Latest Threads