Sold: 1964 Fender Jaguar

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
NOTE: I had this listed back in 2018, but decided not to sell. This week, I got a custom color Jag and am going to have to let this one go after all.

Up for sale is a 1964 Fender Jaguar. When I got this guitar, it had a stripped and crudely refinished body, but I have since sourced an original Sunburst 1964 body from Vintage Correct Parts. So, while the body is not refinished, it is also not original to the guitar, and still very much worth noting up front.

The neck stamp is 1 NOV 63 B.

The volume potentiometer has been replaced, but all of the other electronics as well as the tortoise pickguard are all original. The tone potentiometer is very finicky, so if you plan to use that a lot, you might want to factor in having that replaced. The pickguard has shrunk over time, which is normal, but it still (barely) fits around all the metal parts and pickups. Once screw is missing from the tremolo plate.

The neck finish is original and is really nicely worn in all the right ways. The frets are pretty worn as well, but are still playable and don't have any dead spots. The fingerboard is a beautiful Brazilian Rosewood that has darkened really nicely with age and looks great with the clay dots.

Weight is 7 lbs, 14.2 oz with the tremolo arm.

The neck is fantastic (in my opinion) in terms of how chunky it is. Here are the actual thickness measurements:
1st fret: 0.841"
7th fret: 0.937"
12th fret: 0.995"

Sale includes original hardshell case in fair condition.

Asking $2895 PP/shipped, ConUS only. SOLD.

Here is a video that I made with the original varnished body (and replaced knobs), but it gives you an idea of how the pickups sound.

And some pics of the guitar...

xJNqwz8.jpg

i75pVGx.jpg

MtF9LUh.jpg

ycV6Hof.jpg

g7tDUaA.jpg

TyF0d7b.jpg

TnPvsev.jpg

ovqrBQj.jpg

ywiNeVD.jpg

zpoF93l.jpg

JCJm5P1.jpg