Sold… Please delete.

dangolguitartec

Reaction score
Hi, everybody!

I was fortunate enough to acquire this guitar, but I’d no longer play enough to justify keeping such an instrument… Putting it up here for your consideration.
2002 Gibson custom shop Les Paul custom 1968 re-issue in vintage white finish. This is a great playing and sounding guitar in very good condition.
I was told that this was from an exclusive run four Yamano in this color and if you know anything about them, you know they only except the best guitars. There is some Japanese paperwork in the case, so I have no reason to doubt this information.
This guitar is very resonant and I am guessing that it weighs somewhere around 9 1/2 pounds. Has what I consider to be the Les Paul custom neck shape: Definitely not a slim 60s profile, but not a giant baseball bat… Very Nice rounded C shape.
At some point in its life, a previous owner has removed the finish from the back of the neck… Pretty sure everyone here knows why that was done. They did a nice job and it feels great. Also at some point had the original pickups removed and replaced with a SUHR Doug Aldrich set, Which sound absolutely fantastic… A bit hotter output but made with alnico magnets, so they are missing the harsh overtones generally associated with a hotter output. I never received the originals, so they are not included.
Full disclosure: pick up covers have recently been removed, but they are in the case. Also have recently upgraded the bridge and tailpiece to tonePros locking sit… Originals are in the case. New ones are definitely an upgrade in my opinion, but they are nickel so there is a color difference… I can’t really see it, so it doesn’t bother me. You could always change it back very easily.

structurally, the guitar is very sound… No brakes, cracks or repairs. Besides the finish being removed from the back of the neck, there is only normal playing wear. Seems as though the worst of that is the slight worming on the back of the body… Nothing through the finish.

get your Randy Rhoads on with this one… $3500 for MLP members, shipped to lower 48.

let me know if you have any questions and thanks for looking!

Last edited:

dangolguitartec

Reaction score
Beginning of the week bump to the top… Original custom shop case and COA included. Hope everybody is doing great!

dangolguitartec

Reaction score
Everybody’s bumping for the weekend… Everybody needs a new Les Paul!

if you know the tune you should be singing that to, we both have problems!

anyway… Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any questions. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

dangolguitartec

Reaction score
Bump up for uncle Sam… I hope everyone’s having a great fourth July!

TattooedCarrot

Ferro Picta Carota
Reaction score
Just wondering if the paper you mentioned with Japanese writing says Yamano on it? I had a white Yamano custom (1993) and the paperwork actually said Yamano on it. Not questioning you, just more curious is all.

dangolguitartec

Reaction score
Ya know what? I don’t even know… I’ve actually lost about 90% of my eyesight so I can’t actually read it, but I will get someone here at the house to help me out with that today. Great question and I appreciate the input. Have a great day!
Just wondering if the paper you mentioned with Japanese writing says Yamano on it? I had a white Yamano custom (1993) and the paperwork actually said Yamano on it. Not questioning you, just more curious is all.

dangolguitartec

Reaction score
Imagine my surprise… Does not say Yamano
It is a platinum warranty from Ishibashi... so maybe the Japanese exclusive is still correct? Either way, it is a very cool guitar… Thanks again for the input and have a great day!

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
let's push this to the top......I owned a first year (1999) for about 3 weeks last year, and I really wish I had not sold it.

Besides, Dan has the hots for that Zakk Wylde.
:cool2:

Latest Threads