So where are all of the supremes artisans and florentines?

jktxs

Reaction score
Supremes have no pickup cavity and toggle switch covers. What were they thinking?

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
Supremes looks like a chinese bling bling. Headstock inlay also looks fugly imho....

I love Artisans, those are always in my dreams, but never found a good one (too heavy, weird necks etc...)
It's not the guitar, it's just that you're too flippin' picky!!!:laugh2:

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
It's not the guitar, it's just that you're too flippin' picky!!!:laugh2:
You mean for the Artisan? Oh well, yeah....I'm not really a Norlin lover (especially I don't like laminated necks), I've to admit. :)

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
You mean for the Artisan? Oh well, yeah....I'm not really a Norlin lover (especially I don't like laminated necks), I've to admit. :)
:rofl:

You know, you had me back when you posted a response to someone accusing you of being a grumpy old man and a jerk on the internet.

And you replied to him that he should meet you in real life, you would still be a jerk, and you would likely be best friends!:rofl:

I still quote that to my friends IRL!

I know I am not quoting exactly...

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score

You know, you had me back when you posted a response to someone accusing you of being a grumpy old man and a jerk on the internet.

And you replied to him that he should meet you in real life, you would still be a jerk, and you would likely be best friends!:rofl:

Ahaha....I do like sarcasm and irony a lot yeah....but sometimes it's hard to get jokes on the internet, and people tends to take everything to damn serious. On top of that, I'm italian...so we do exaggerate everything. :cheers2::applause::applause:

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
On top of that, I'm italian...so we do exaggerate everything.
I've seen your opera!!! :wow::run: JK!!!

But a little embellishment is like the seasoning to a good story.:cheers:

What do you say of an Italian with only one arm?

He has a speech impediment! :rofl:

Runs from room..
:io:

scozz

Reaction score

I think that might’ve been me!! :hmm: :laugh2:

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think that might’ve been me!! :hmm: :laugh2:
It does fit you, LOL!!!!

But I think it was one of the nutjob threads and ol Pier was speaking his mind when somebody called him out on it.

His response was awesome. I'll try to find it some time.

scozz

Reaction score
I've seen your opera!!! :wow::run: JK!!!

But a little embellishment is like the seasoning to a good story.:cheers:
What do you say of an Italian with only one arm?
He has a speech impediment! :rofl:

Runs from room..
:io:
Yeah you better run from the room,....I’m 100% Italian and I resemble that remark!!

Oh and I’ve got some migliore amico goombahs from the city that might want to make a visit to you,......you’re in upstate NY somewhere right? :D

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah you better run from the room,....I’m 100% Italian and I resemble that remark!!

Oh and I’ve got some migliore amico goombahs from the city that might want to make a visit to you,......you’re in upstate NY somewhere right? :D
:wow::run:

:applause::applause:

:cheers2:

XpensiveWino

Reaction score
So how do you change pickups or pots on a supreme. Not being rhetorical here, is there a good option for this?

ThisGuy

Reaction score
So how do you change pickups or pots on a supreme. Not being rhetorical here, is there a good option for this?
It's kind of like running wires through electrical conduit. You can tie a string to each of the potentiometer spindles and selector switch, and pull them out through the pickup cavities. I like to tie a washer to the end of the strings so that they can't get lost inside the body. Transfer the strings to your new parts after you've bench soldered them, and then pull each part back into place using your strings. Supremes have pretty substantial internal routs and chambering which helps make this a little easier than it sounds (it also makes them pretty light and resonant for what they are).

endial

Reaction score
Last night I was about to suggest that "@PierM might be one to be interested in an Artisan, as he seems the type.", but I was too tired to start in so I just left it and thought I'd tag him if he hadn't chimed in.

That guy moves fast man. Sure enough, though, he debunked my theory.

Oh, and @Macronaut and @BigTim, I really dig fretboards without markers too. That Supreme is sweet!

Last edited:

My Les Paul Classifieds