So this is new to me....

Oldskoolrob

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2012
Messages
1,829
Reaction score
3,947
Borrowing my old mans G&L ASAT. I've noticed when I touch the strings with the inside of my forearm (lightly) I can feel an electric shock/buzz. When I 'mute the signal through the pedal board it's not there. So what's going on here? I haven't felt it with my LP......
 

Bobby Mahogany

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
21,882
Reaction score
32,602
Not an expert but faulty ground comes to mind...
Some AC/DC :)D) leaking to signal path?

Don't get electrocuted!
:D
 

BadPenguin

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2015
Messages
936
Reaction score
718
Maybe NOT the guitar. What kind of amp is it? An older 2 prong, none polarized plug, could be the culprit.
 

Oldskoolrob

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2012
Messages
1,829
Reaction score
3,947
No sorry it's a grounded 3 prong modern JBL powered wedge, using pedal board only...dodgey power supply maybe? But why would it get into the signal path?
 

ARandall

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2012
Messages
12,792
Reaction score
8,490
Not properly grounded pedalboard/powersupply maybe.....takes a less well travelled path to the ground.

Of course pedals are 9-18V typically and low current so not a major threat really unless the powersupply transformer itself is on the blink and full current somehow gets through
 

Mockbel

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2015
Messages
2,733
Reaction score
2,825
Kinda funny !
I know (and suffered) from ground issues but it was all about hum that disappears when I touch strings.. not to feel the electricity.. interesting!
 




Top