So one of the 2022 "Greeny" limited edition LP's is now on Reverb for $85,000

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Hear that, things are getting out of hand quickly! Took a trip to Park City Utah recently, could not believe how expensive EVERYTHING is, kinda scary! Strange part is, it does not appear to be affecting the businesses there at all. Things were really hoppin!
Yep, with how prices are going up now every year my wife and I got a timeshare that we can use at 10 different 5 Star Resorts in 5 different places, so we can travel 5 times a year for cheap, just paying for plane fare and some vacation spending cash. Sure, we paid a little bit up front right now from our savings, but we both work for 10 more years to easily replenish our savings and keep adding to our retirement plans. I would rather travel 5 times a year for 20-25 years and then pass that savings on to our kids than purchase 1 guitar. Haha.

I do know what you're saying, as we live in San Diego, California. 800k minimum to purchase a home, and I see people purchasing 1.5-million-to-2-million-dollar homes for themselves. Even 2 to 3 times more than that in La Jolla and some other areas. There are a lot of people that have money and don't mind spending it. Or they are House Poor. lol

I am blessed to have the 6 Les Paul's that I have, all great playing/feeling/sounding guitars. I tried to do the really sweet Gibson Custom Les Paul Custom thing, slimming the heard to 2 guitars. In the long run, the Custom did not really satisfy, it was not the one where I was happier with other Les Paul's that cost a lot less. I could and would be happy with just 1 or 2 of my current guitars. The hard part would be to choose which to keep. I imagine at some point I will slim it down to 2/or 3 maybe, since I have wall hangers for 3 guitars. Haha

I remember in 2010, when I got my first Gibson Les Paul Studio guitar, I was so stoked to have it. It was a beast of a guitar, not the thinner body like now on Studio's and it had the bigger almost baseball bat neck with BB Pro's that would just scream. It sounded so good through my modded Blackheart Handsome Devil amp.

Last edited:

mjross

Reaction score
Yep, with how prices are going up now every year my wife and I got a timeshare that we can use at 10 different 5 Star Resorts in 5 different places, so we can travel 5 times a year for cheap, just paying for plane fare and some vacation spending cash. Sure, we paid a little bit up front right now from our savings, but we both work for 10 more years to easily replenish our savings and keep adding to our retirement plans. I would rather travel 5 times a year for 20-25 years and then pass that savings on to our kids than purchase 1 guitar. Haha.

I do know what you're saying, as we live in San Diego, California. 800k minimum to purchase a home, and I see people purchasing 1.5-million-to-2-million-dollar homes for themselves. Even 2 to 3 times more than that in La Jolla and some other areas. There are a lot of people that have money and don't mind spending it. Or they are House Poor. lol

I am blessed to have the 6 Les Paul's that I have, all great playing/feeling/sounding guitars. I tried to do the really sweet Gibson Custom Les Paul Custom thing, slimming the heard to 2 guitars. In the long run, the Custom did not really satisfy, it was not the one where I was happier with other Les Paul's that cost a lot less. I could and would be happy with just 1 or 2 of my current guitars. The hard part would be to choose which to keep. I imagine at some point I will slim it down to 2/or 3 maybe, since I have wall hangers for 3 guitars. Haha

I remember in 2010, when I got my first Gibson Les Paul Studio guitar, I was so stoked to have it. It was a beast of a guitar, not the thinner body like now on Studio's and it had the bigger almost baseball bat neck with BB Pro's that would just scream. It sounded so good through my modded Blackheart Handsome Devil amp.

Yeah, things have really changed! I just turned 70 and have gigged most my life. Retired from engineering management after working for the same company for 40 years. I’ve seen a lot of change in the last few years, I just hope we all survive it!

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Hmmm.. It does not say sold yet, just listing suspended.

MusiquedeReve

Reaction score
Well it is back up for $85k and accepting offers
Condition is listed as "Excellent" BUT, the description says "Brand new Greeny" -- this discrepancy could invite a claim from the future buyer of "Item not as described" -- this all seems like an accident waiting to happen

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Yep, not that many people will spend $50k on a guitar. Those people who purchased this are now part of the inner circle at Gibson and will be invited to future events, which will also be a write off. Haha

Gibson wants to keep track of people willing to spend that much on 1 guitar and pull them in to other things just for the Elite that have that kind of money to spend at Gibson.

Last edited:

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
To me, this is all very similar to when Ferrari has some special car that is coming out that is very high in price and to be offered in limited numbers. Ferrari mostly knows who their buyers are and contacts them directly with the ability to purchase them. Hence, they are usually all sold out before the car is even announced to the public. In the guitar world, it is Jim Irsay (owner of the Indianapolis Colts) and other super rich guitartisti.

Latest Threads