So one of the 2022 "Greeny" limited edition LP's is now on Reverb for $85,000

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Just to be clear the dinner and meeting with Kirk was free to anyone who bought the guitar. The guitar was 50k.
Yes, you are correct. The Event is already over, it was last week for all the buyers. If you purchase one of the two that are left, you will get invited to an event, it will just not be the Kirk Hammet event.

If you wanted to purchase one, you have to Wire the Money Gibson within 24 hours. These were sold out weeks ago, so I am thinking that two people were not happy with the guitar and just returned it most likely.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
so it was 50k directly from gibson. with all the „extras“ (dinner ect.). when someone buys this one from reverb you pay even more but only get the guitar itself. am i missing something or is the seller completely out of his mind? or maybe both?
Yep, he is crazy. I really don't think anyone will pay $85k for his, when they can get one directly from Gibson right now for $50k and have some perks to go with it. I think the guy just does not know that two are still for sale and after going to the event, he can sell it since the perks are done. Trogly said that a couple people he knows that purchased one were going to flip it, so he was kind of pissed that Gibson excluded him in particular, kind of discrimination against him just because he sells a lot of the guitars he reviews. There was nothing that stated the buyers could not re-sell their guitar or had to wait an amount of time before re-selling it. It just stated that only the original buyer could go to the event and they could not re-sell it, because it was free for the people who purchased the guitar from Gibson. Just weird stuff for sure.

Someone is selling there Gibson Custom Shop Collector's Choice #1 Gary Moore '59 Les Paul Standard Reissue on Reverb for $43k I think.

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
The other day I saw one on there for $75k. #44 of 50.. here I thought that guy was off his rocker lol

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Yep, they are both off there rocker and testing the waters.

Subterfuge

Reaction score
checked out how many Murphy Lab white Johnny Winter Firebirds there are for sale on Reverb ? at those stupid prices the listings will still be there 50 years from now ..

1allspub

Reaction score
Yep, The Gibson Experience I had for $50k is now yours for $85k in 4k. :naughty:

I am thinking they are not allowed to Video anything or even take pictures in the Vault, because then there would be all kinds of video and no would need to buy the Experience anymore.
Nah... I got to tour the Vault when I bought my R9 from the Gibson Garage this past January. They allowed me to take as many pics as I wanted.

Me and my new R9 in the Vault next to a real 59 (9 0871). :D
B74357AA-F80B-4EAB-8A74-0B8080B3BE25.jpeg

Thundermtn

Reaction score
Why did Gibson stop at $50K? At that point you may as well just make them $100K. There are tons of great vintage Gibsons under the $50K mark, so they're not worried at all about what the guitars are priced concerning what else is available in the market. The only people buying them at that point are narcissists proving to everybody else how rich and powerful they are. Gibson is leaving a bunch of money on the table with these guys.

mjross

Reaction score
Bottom line…it’s your money! I’m always amazed at how people are so concerned with how other people spend their money, very strange.

Last edited:

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope some of that $50k x 50 guitars goes to staffing better quality control personnel.... one can only hope.

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
I was tellin a fellow member the other day, as much as I wouldn’t drop $25k on the aged and signed Pearly Gates they made years ago, I’d much rather do that than drop even $50k in this. To each is their own though. Guess I’m more of a fan of Rev Willie than all three of Greenie’s owners combined. :dunno:

Guess if I was a bazillionare it would be different lol

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Bottom line…it’s your money! I’m always amazed at how people are so concerned with how other people spend their money, very strange.
Yep, as long as people are willing to pay, then it is ok to upcharge for things.

Pretty soon, only the Rich people will be able to drive, go on trips/vacation, enjoy life.

mjross

Reaction score
Yep, as long as people are willing to pay, then it is ok to upcharge for things.

Pretty soon, only the Rich people will be able to drive, go on trips/vacation, enjoy life.
Hear that, things are getting out of hand quickly! Took a trip to Park City Utah recently, could not believe how expensive EVERYTHING is, kinda scary! Strange part is, it does not appear to be affecting the businesses there at all. Things were really hoppin!

Latest Threads