So one of the 2022 "Greeny" limited edition LP's is now on Reverb for $85,000

rjwilson37

Reaction score
That's crazy! Haha

It is a 1 of 50 and not even #1. The cost was $50k for admission, so dam expensive. But... you got Dinner in Nashville's Soho House, a one of a kind evening with Kirk Hammet, free trip to Gibson Garage, Red Carpet treatment meeting the Gibson Executives, exclusive backstage tour of Nashville's Guitar Experience, with a tour of the Gibson Vault... Blah...blah...blah... You get to meet Tom Murphy, and your trip to Nashville is first class air fare and you stay overnight at the Four Seasons hotel in Nashville. So a lot of perks for the original purchaser.

This stuff above was only for the people who purchased the Guitar directly from the Gibson Garage, which is the only place you could get this guitar. They did not want people re-selling for a ton of money really, which is why they banned Trogly from purchasing one. Now this person is selling it for $85k and already got all the extra perks that came with the purchase.

Last edited:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Gibson Executives wanted to see and meet the people who would put out this kind of cash for a replica guitar. Almost all 50 were finally sold a few weeks ago, and they got all the buyers together for all of the extra perks I mentioned above. A one-shot event for everyone who purchased the Greeny.

2 of the Greeny's are still for sale at the Gibson Garage. You will kind of be in the inner circle and be invited to future events, but the One-of-a-kind evening with Kirk Hammet is done.

I imagine this person selling their Greeny will be banned from purchasing future guitars like this and not be part of the inner circle anymore.

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's crazy! Haha

It is a 1 of 50 and not even #1. The cost was $50k for admission, so dam expensive. But... you got Dinner in Nashville's Soho House, a one of a kind evening with Kirk Hammet, free trip to Gibson Garage, Red Carpet treatment meeting the Gibson Executives, exclusive backstage tour of Nashville's Guitar Experience, with a tour of the Gibson Vault... Blah...blah...blah...

This stuff above was only for the people who purchased the Guitar directly from the Gibson Garage, which is the only place you could get this guitar. They did not want people re-selling for a ton of money really, which is why they banned Trogly from purchasing one. Now this person is selling it for $85k and already got all the extra perks that came with the purchase.
He could have made a video of his experience... and that’s part of the sale... gotta be worth $35k

Lol

:rofl:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
So here is the $50,000 dollar question. All the extra perks were not part of the $50k Geeny guitar purchase. So, is the guitar itself indeed worth the $50k?

Oh yea... There already was a Gary Moore replica made some time ago, so what does this new one have that the Gibson Custom Shop Collector's Choice #1 Gary Moore '59 Les Paul Standard Reissue not have.

Last edited:

zak9990

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here is the $50,000 dollar question. All the extra perks were not part of the $50k Geeny guitar purchase. So, is the guitar itself indeed worth the $50k?

Oh yea... There already was a Gary Moore replica made some time ago, so what does this new one have that the Gibson Custom Shop Collector's Choice #1 Gary Moore '59 Les Paul Standard Reissue does not have.
Personally I could care less about the 'perks' .. What I would really like to know is what's so different about these guitars other than the relic job compared to any other high end Murphy done 59' with a Brazilian board ?

zak9990

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh yea... There already was a Gary Moore replica made some time ago, so what does this new one have that the Gibson Custom Shop Collector's Choice #1 Gary Moore '59 Les Paul Standard Reissue not have.
For the money you get a nice relic job and a pickup in backwards..........
When I looked at the 'Greenie' replica on Reverb this one caught my eye......

Last edited:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
For the money you get a nice relic job and a pickup in backwards..........
When I looked at the 'Greenie' replica on Reverb this one caught my eye......

Link says page isn't available.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
He could have made a video of his experience... and that’s part of the sale... gotta be worth $35k

Lol

:rofl:
Yep, The Gibson Experience I had for $50k is now yours for $85k in 4k. :naughty:

I am thinking they are not allowed to Video anything or even take pictures in the Vault, because then there would be all kinds of video and no would need to buy the Experience anymore.

gibsonofabitch

Reaction score
I was legitimately considering doing the same: doing the Nashville experience and selling the guitar. I got on the waitlist but nada. Still upsets me lol

Juan Tumani

Reaction score
I wonder how the Custom Shop breaks and repairs a headstock exactly like the original.

Edit
Screenshot_20221119-170921-106.png

You just went on and on about the awesome unique sound of this guitar and how you meticulously recreated every single detail and then "No structural breaks"!

So lazy Gibson Custom Shop, so lazy!

I guess if I want it done right I'll have to finish the job myself.

Last edited:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
The 2 that are still available are probably returns for some reason or another. People have a hard time paying for a Custom with the flaws we see so often, I imagine when you pay $50k, you're going to make sure all is good. That is probably why the guy called me back so quickly after the first guy said there were none available. The guy probably told the others around him that some guy is looking to still get a Greeny and one of them was like.... wait.... call him back immediately. We gotta sell these off.

Last edited:

Airplane

Reaction score
so it was 50k directly from gibson. with all the „extras“ (dinner ect.). when someone buys this one from reverb you pay even more but only get the guitar itself. am i missing something or is the seller completely out of his mind? or maybe both?

cmjohnson

Reaction score
Meh. I'd rather have a hand picked R9. If I had a Greeny replica the first thing I'd do is reinstall the neck pickup properly because the out of phase sound absolutely sucks.

Both Gibson and Fender are really bad about straight up ripping their customers off for exorbitant amounts of money for guitars that are just replicas of ones that are famous mostly because of who owned them and what tracks they were played on.

When the replica has an asking price of 25 to 50,000 dollars, when the guitars they are copies of weren't worth THAT much not that many years ago themselves, you ARE being ripped off.

But if you have the money to burn, go ahead and buy it if you want to. Stimulate that economy!

mjross

Reaction score
so it was 50k directly from gibson. with all the „extras“ (dinner ect.). when someone buys this one from reverb you pay even more but only get the guitar itself. am i missing something or is the seller completely out of his mind? or maybe both?
Someone will buy it!

Juan Tumani

Reaction score
Yes.

rich85

Reaction score
I am so confused, I saw on Instagram the Gibson Garage has 2 for sale at 50k, but keep reading the event was sold out etc.

I understand that 2 people probably couldn’t come up with the money, but I assumed they had a waiting list.

Either way, there is just 0 chance somebody is going to buy a Greeny for 50k without getting to meet Kirk and see the real thing and all the other Gibson vault stuff.

I assume they will give it a month or so then take it off the market, as it is a really bad look for what they just charged customers for what is now a guitar that is clearly, clearly not worth the 50K.

Overall I hate what the new owners are doing. They are pricing their own market out of the market.

rich85

Reaction score
Just to be clear the dinner and meeting with Kirk was free to anyone who bought the guitar. The guitar was 50k.

Latest Threads