So many coincidences for one event.

Hamtone

Reaction score
I had to think this over a few times, to not break forum decorum. So we'll just say coincidence.

A buddy of my who lives out of town, has been in town visiting staying at his parents. They live about 2 mi from me

When he is in town, he usually goes to the gym with another friend of ours because he goes a little bit later, than i do. Our mutual friend is out of town, so, he was going with me, to my gym.

This morning i hit him up at 0320 and said "hey you going with me? or driving in yourself?" he responded that he'll let me know because he's having a stomach issue. At 0345 he says he'll be ready in a few mins, so, I drive over to his folks place, and he's in the driveway, and suddenly he bolts back into the house. I figured he must be having an issue, and just pulled in and waited a min or 2 and his mom comes out, who is a wonderful woman, that I truly adore. "Hey good morning, how you doing?" Please come quick dad fell! So in i went and my buddy has "dad" laid out flat on the floor and his color is, err ummm, the color of construction paste, we had in elementary school.

Long story endless, we get him to the car (ER is essentially across the road) and off they went.

What is interesting to think about is:

My buddy wasnt even supposed to be in town, he was supposed to be on his way back "home" but his plans changed Saturday. It was equally unlikely for me to be picking him up, and down to the minute of me arriving, not 5 mins later or 10 etc, about 1 min prior. While my buddy is strong and in great shape, never would he have been able to get "dad" into the car by himself or with "moms" help. Dad is 6'1 around 250 (i'd say) and pushing 80 years old. If you have never moved dead weight, or poor ambulatory person, its a nightmare. You dont want to hurt them, or yourself, and its more or less a floppy meat sack, it takes two guys to move a man like him.

What an interesting group of happenstance, and truly thankful to have been there to help. If my buddy was out of town, "mom" never wouldve called, I wouldve heard about the event probably 3 or 4 hrs after, to go find out what happened or get a handle on it, until one of the two boys could get into town. Life is funny

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Hamtone, life is ALL about timing. I walk every day- I ALWAYS am walking as a car is about to back out? I also stop home to kiss wife and cat-EVERY time I catch the amazon guy, he hands me the package- I call it "cusp time" when EVERYTHING coalesces. This is a MAGIC existence.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
freddie.gif
^^^ What he said ^^^

LPG

I PLAY LIVE
Reaction score
I had to think this over a few times, to not break forum decorum. So we'll just say coincidence.

A buddy of my who lives out of town, has been in town visiting staying at his parents. They live about 2 mi from me

When he is in town, he usually goes to the gym with another friend of ours because he goes a little bit later, than i do. Our mutual friend is out of town, so, he was going with me, to my gym.

This morning i hit him up at 0320 and said "hey you going with me? or driving in yourself?" he responded that he'll let me know because he's having a stomach issue. At 0345 he says he'll be ready in a few mins, so, I drive over to his folks place, and he's in the driveway, and suddenly he bolts back into the house. I figured he must be having an issue, and just pulled in and waited a min or 2 and his mom comes out, who is a wonderful woman, that I truly adore. "Hey good morning, how you doing?" Please come quick dad fell! So in i went and my buddy has "dad" laid out flat on the floor and his color is, err ummm, the color of construction paste, we had in elementary school.

Long story endless, we get him to the car (ER is essentially across the road) and off they went.

What is interesting to think about is:

My buddy wasnt even supposed to be in town, he was supposed to be on his way back "home" but his plans changed Saturday. It was equally unlikely for me to be picking him up, and down to the minute of me arriving, not 5 mins later or 10 etc, about 1 min prior. While my buddy is strong and in great shape, never would he have been able to get "dad" into the car by himself or with "moms" help. Dad is 6'1 around 250 (i'd say) and pushing 80 years old. If you have never moved dead weight, or poor ambulatory person, its a nightmare. You dont want to hurt them, or yourself, and its more or less a floppy meat sack, it takes two guys to move a man like him.

What an interesting group of happenstance, and truly thankful to have been there to help. If my buddy was out of town, "mom" never wouldve called, I wouldve heard about the event probably 3 or 4 hrs after, to go find out what happened or get a handle on it, until one of the two boys could get into town. Life is funny

Jesus

Glad it all worked out for all involved.

K

DavGrape

♔♗♙♘
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ALWAYS am walking as a car is about to back out?
Always happens to me.
If the lawn guys are blocking half the road, you WILL arrive at their truck at the same time the oncoming car gets there.
Both stop, "You go ahead."
"Go ahead."
But I figured it out, why that happens.
YOU caused it.
YOU went to them, they weren't waiting.

In the above case, I think the 80 year old guy was startled awake by the banging around in the kitchen at 3 in the morning.

Phil W

Reaction score
This morning my work computer, which had operated flawlessly for weeks, waited until the very second that I was announced as the next speaker on a Teams meeting and promptly crashed Teams ...
It's this kind of suspiciously improbable event (and there have been a LOT throughout my life) that makes me genuinely questioning of the nature of reality. I suspect there's things going on that we don't know ...

Hamtone

Reaction score
Always happens to me.
If the lawn guys are blocking half the road, you WILL arrive at their truck at the same time the oncoming car gets there.
Both stop, "You go ahead."
"Go ahead."
But I figured it out, why that happens.
YOU caused it.
YOU went to them, they weren't waiting.

In the above case, I think the 80 year old guy was startled awake by the banging around in the kitchen at 3 in the morning.
The get up around then too, nothing unusual.

My day 7 days a week is 03-2200, thats a typical day for me.

Lungo

Reaction score
Things like this happen on a small scale too. Think about all the seemingly insignificant decisions you’ve made over the course of your life, and try to map a path that takes you where you are today without them.

DavGrape

♔♗♙♘
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A 100 pound person is a tough move.
Can't imagine getting somebody big out of the tub who knocked the radio in with them.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I was "suspended" from work, my paper ran an ad, " artistic person" needed.The ad only ran one day,the day I was off.I answered the ad,ended up meeting my wife on the job,if I had not been "suspended " I would have never read the ad..
......thank you Arnie =my weasley boss,for giving me 3 days off,otherwise I would have probably drank myself to death..

I asked the woman who wrote the ad,
" Why did you say artistic person?"
She said it just "came to her" sounded better than "social worker."......

Last edited:

Latest Threads