so many choices!

erichendrix1

Reaction score
so i could do with a new les paul because my vintage v100 is starting to show its age. i thought i'd go with an epiphone les paul, but i dont know which model to go with , im looking for a qotsa type sound if that helps.
i like the Epiphone Les Paul Limited Edition Plustop PRO/FX Desert Burst,
Epiphone Limited Edition Les Paul Traditional Pro
Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul Custom Plus EX
and the slash appetite guitar :slash: :dude:

truckermde

Reaction score
These guys really love the Tribute Plus model. Hear about it all the time. I think that one beats the others for a couple reasons, like the Gibson USA pups and hard case.

My Epi is a '61 LP Custom, which is an SG despite the name, but it is outstanding.

straybeat

Reaction score
I have the Pro/FX and love the Floyd (it's the first Floyd I ever owned). Stays in tune fine and never had a problem with it. The pups sound killer for hard rock. Have a real gritty bite to them. Think Triumph - Lay it on the Line. Although I play with a lot more gain and distortion for the overdrive.

SJM

Epi Elitist Freak
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
any thoughts on the prophecy?

I kinda like them since they went from two knobs to four. I prefer the GX with the Gibson 490R/498T P/U combo. I still think the Tribute Plus is the best deal going from Epi right now.

straybeat

Reaction score
any thoughts on the prophecy?

Oops, missed that? I have a GX also. Equally love the ebony fretboard and 24 frets. The Dirty Fingers pups a very cool. Not sure about the EX, but I have a cheap Gibson LP with EMG's that I like the sound of, but it's a lot brighter than normal.

brhokla

Reaction score
I had the first prophecy and it was kinda a one trick pony. Got the Appetite now but can't play it till after Xmass.

Latest Threads