So, I Went To Gibson...

Logan Tyler

Reaction score
...and it was great. I toured both the USA and Custom Shop, hung out with all the new G3 guys (check them out, they're going to keep rock-'n'-roll alive), and, last but not least, ate BBQ at the Custom Shop and geeked about guitars with the staff there as well as people from AMS, zZounds, Mark Agnesi, @matkoehler, and...

Dave Amato!!! We talked for a half hour and stopped when he decided to call his girlfriend to talk her into letting him buy a TV Gold Les Paul Custom. Then, I hung out with Toby Lee and a few of the G3 guys. If you haven't heard of Toby Lee, check him out. Great blues player, and I also jammed with him as well at the USA factory.

I also got to talk to JC, super down-to-earth guy. From talking with him, Gibson is in good hands. He knows what he's doing, and is genuinely passionate about the company. All in all, was a great trip, and met a lot of people I won't forget, and hope to get in touch with more in the future.

Attachments

defcrew

Reaction score
Cool. And nice to see someone here is under the age of 122. I've not been to the Nashville plant but went to Memphis around 10 years back. Closed now, I think.

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope, couldn’t happen, didn’t happen, fake news.
Everyone knows Gibson is evil, JC is a maniac only interested in suing everyone, Agnesi lies to children about giving them cake, and they have monkeys who throw poo at the workers and tourists visiting the factory.

*** Backstage snark is now off.

Seriously Logan. That sounds like a blast and it’s great to hear that the folks at Gibson made it such a fun experience.

Now, did they give you a free Les Paul Standard? :D

Logan Tyler

Reaction score
Wait, you're a young person who plays / is interested in Gibson Guitars? Something is wrong here....

;)

Seriously, thanks for the thread and report!
You would think... I'm also growing my hair down to my chest and have earrings... Since what is wrong here is I have G.A.S, I now have 7 Gibson instruments (5 electrics, an acoustic, and a mando), and work at a mom and pop shop that's a Gibson dealer, which doesn't help matters.

Don't say I need P90s. I need a Les Paul Special in TV Yellow...

And I actually got to posting this a bit later than I meant to. This all went down NAMM week, but due to me not planning things well (since I'm a 17 year old who only things as far ahead as my hand is in front of my face), I didn't go to NAMM.
Nope, couldn’t happen, didn’t happen, fake news.
Everyone knows Gibson is evil, JC is a maniac only interested in suing everyone, Agnesi lies to children about giving them cake, and they have monkeys who throw poo at the workers and tourists visiting the factory.

*** Backstage snark is now off.

Seriously Logan. That sounds like a blast and it’s great to hear that the folks at Gibson made it such a fun experience.

Now, did they give you a free Les Paul Standard? :D
You would think they would have, to sweeten the deal (and make sure I said good things), but nope. And if they did I'd probably turn it down ('cause my parents would probably kick me out if I got another guitar), but if it was a special, now...:naughty:

Latest Threads