So I Chopped It Off

BlankinLoud

Reaction score
I was good at doing stuff like that back when I was a fearless 110lb 17 year old.

Nowadays I'm 55 pounds heavier and significantly less agile.

Crazy as it sounds, when I was that age I would go thirty feet up a tree so I could take an afternoon nap without being bothered by siblings or parents.

LP121

Reaction score
Hey, I've seen other photos of you-- remember? You look to be one of those guys who makes Lurch look short! :p

So, while I can't even imagine you and I even being cross with one another, when I force myself to try what I see is this:

I come at you, and you just plop one hand on my forehead to hold me in place, and leave me to swing wildly-- but completely unable to even touch you! Meanwhile, I'm cussin' a blue streak... :laugh2:

See, I've been there before. When I was about nine, I had a favorite cousin who was about four years older than me, and it amused him to find I'd be willing to fight him anyway 'cause I was a little hothead at that point in my life.

So, he'd find a way to really, really piss me off-- and I'd go after him. But, I always ended up with him with his hand on my noggin, laughing his ass off at my baffled fury... :laugh2:

It was a fate worse than a clear-cut defeat. At least when you get your ass kicked, you can say that you actually got in a fight.

This other shit? Man, it leaves you feeling like you ain't exactly qualified to get in a fight! :shock:

So: no way are we gonna fight. That shit is just TOO humiliating, and I'm pretty sure that's just how things would work out! :laugh2:

--Rob :thumb:

Sweep the leg.

:laugh2:

Olds442

Reaction score
came across a bottle of whisky that needed transport for a collector. that company loves me so who ya gonna call?

almost asked Rob to fly out and move it for a ridiculous amount.

I mean look at that neckline.

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do the grow and cut myself. I’m in two years without a shearing.
BBC806F4-F400-4B04-9A34-B8BEF4203169.jpeg

BlankinLoud

Reaction score
I was the same size from age 13 to age 37. And from that point on I've been 15-20 lb lighter due to my pancreatitis.
I'm pretty sure you're a Spitfire of a gal, regardless of what living's done to you.

I really do wish we were closer because I'd love to meet your menagerie (Cats, birds and horse, if I'm correct?) and share some time chatting in person.

Roxy13

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you're a Spitfire of a gal, regardless of what living's done to you.

I really do wish we were closer because I'd love to meet your menagerie (Cats, birds and horse, if I'm correct?) and share some time chatting in person.

I also have a dog, who might be mistaken for a velociraptor lol. You wouldn't want to meet her though.

BlankinLoud

Reaction score
I also have a dog, who might be mistaken for a velociraptor lol. You wouldn't want to meet her though.

Your dog might be surprised. I grew up having to wrestle a St Bernard who easily outweighed me by 20 pounds. I can put any dog that's under 200 on it's back and make it say "uncle."

Last edited:

BlankinLoud

Reaction score
You're welcome to try, but honestly I wouldn't recommend it :)

Honestly, I prefer to not try. I'd rather figure out how to be friends with a dog and avoid having to resort to brute force dominance. I'd much favor giving the dog it's space and letting it figure out that I'm not a threat. I just think that "I'm not scared of you but I'm not a threat" is a better approach than "You scare the hell out of me."

BlankinLoud

Reaction score
I am the only person who thinks so, unfortunately. People don't even believe me when I say she's very affectionate lol.

Female dog, yeah, trust takes some time, no such thing as instant friends, I think I get it.

Give her some hugs from me.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Female dog, yeah, trust takes some time, no such thing as instant friends, I think I get it.

Give her some hugs from me.

I took a male friend with me when I went to see her at the breeder's because I wanted to see how she was with both a strange woman and a strange man. She did like me right away but she was not horrible to him at all. She just really ignored him. Then 2 days after I got her my ex husband tried to break a window to get into the house. And ever since then I have not been able to trust her with anyone but me. I tried like hell too to find a trainer who specialized in aggressive dogs and none would take her.

BlankinLoud

Reaction score
I took a male friend with me when I went to see her at the breeder's because I wanted to see how she was with both a strange woman and a strange man. She did like me right away but she was not horrible to him at all. She just really ignored him. Then 2 days after I got her my ex husband tried to break a window to get into the house. And ever since then I have not been able to trust her with anyone but me. I tried like hell too to find a trainer who specialized in aggressive dogs and none would take her.

Surface impression is your dog is dealing with some kind of trauma from the incident with your ex husband. Poor thing probably doesn't realize that most male humans aren't a threat.

Latest Threads