So I Chopped It Off

LtDave32

Let Desert Star be your next guitar!
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I wore that same suit for my graduation pics that year!

Funny you mention that.

That's exactly why I was wearing it.

So my mother buys this leisure suit from JC Penny, brings it home for me to wear on graduation.

I lived near the beach. Everybody at my high school was a beach kid.

I said "Mom, everybody's wearing shorts under the cap and gown, you won't see the suit anyway".

"Your grandmother is coming down, I want you to look nice.. "

-So I put it on (under protest). I was marched into the back yard, mom's got a camera.

I put my hands on my hips and said "You have got to be kidding me.."

At that very instant, she snaps the pic.

that is what you see above.

Man, those were the days. I was 145 lbs soaking wet, and solid muscle.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny you mention that.

So my mother buys this leisure suit from JC Penny, brings it home for me to wear on graduation.

I said "Mom, everybody's wearing shorts under the cap and gown, you won't see the suit anyway".

-So I put it on (under protest). I was marched into the back yard, mom's got a camera.

Ha!

Closest I've ever been to solid muscle was about 15 years ago...

dsc00486.jpg

And Rob wold STILL have been able to slip me upside down and pound me into the ground head-first down to my ankles....

Uncle Vinnie

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny you mention that.

We were sportin' some mean polyester that year, huh?

edro

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of y'all what rode them styles ain't nuttin special....

I've been a fashioneester all my life....always ahead of the curve....

I wear Levi's... Regular old Levi's. I have always been on the leading edge of fashion since a young teen. I didn't go the Leisure Suit Larry route.... and no damn shiny nuttin on my Levi's....

Just think about how many times I have been ahead of fashion, in fashion, out of fashion which is really ahead of fashion because another year plain old Levi's will be right back in style.... That's me. Ahead of the curve...out on the edge of fashion.....way out there.....on the edge.... in Levi's...

I remember when button fly jeans showed back up... A bud asked if I had bought any yet... 'Nawt. I wear these modern Levi's with zippers... Pretty easy to operate and hella quicker when the urge hits... You can buy these modern Levi's pretty much anywhere now....' ;)

When the gator polos and London Fog were popular, I was prone to wear an open flannel shirt...with my Mabel's Whorehouse tshirt underneath...and Levi's of course... and my blue suede Earth shoes (the REAL Earth shoes, not the Wally World shit)...Had those for 20+ years...They wouldn't wear out being actually reverse sole angle... Wife finally tossed em... Oh, I was tempted...Grrrrrrr... Loved those shoes....

If I could convey anything to the young folks today, 'Blaze your own damn trail. Think for yourself... Fuck the Jones, don't bother trying to keep up with their broke asses....They're house broke, vehicle broke, and boat broke.... Why in the stem winding hell would you want to be like their dumb asses? Finally, get your ass up and go to work. Nobody owes you shit.... and wear Levi's. They'll always be in style sooner or later...'

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've always followed the same pattern. Get it long, get tired of it, cut it off. Repeat.

It's getting long now and I wasn't even trying to, with *vid and everything I just didn't go to the barber for a long time, and atm I just don't feel like going to the barber. I just shove it all under a ball-cap most of the time because the sides are sticking out. :laugh2:

Roxy13

Reaction score
My mom was pissed that on graduation day one of my friends and I went rock hopping in the river at the Metroparks. We returned with cuts on our legs and arms. She was like you girls have to wear dresses tonight, what on earth were you thinking???

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
you should give those glasses back to the wife.

of course i wouldn't have said that to your face. :rofl:
Aluminum frame Gatorz wraps!
Gotta' wear wraps to keep the sun from creeping in on the sides... Oakley Crankshaft these days.

'Hege

Reaction score
Haven't cut the mop off completely in maybe 3 decades. That's roughly $40 savings every month from my prior hairstyle, I'll guess.
I call it $9K ahead today and counting.
If it gets to be a rat tail it's going, but today in 2022, in my 63rd summer, the big ponytail abides....

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ha!

Closest I've ever been to solid muscle was about 15 years ago...

View attachment 616551

And Rob wold STILL have been able to slip me upside down and pound me into the ground head-first down to my ankles....

Hey, I've seen other photos of you-- remember? You look to be one of those guys who makes Lurch look short! :p

So, while I can't even imagine you and I even being cross with one another, when I force myself to try what I see is this:

I come at you, and you just plop one hand on my forehead to hold me in place, and leave me to swing wildly-- but completely unable to even touch you! Meanwhile, I'm cussin' a blue streak... :laugh2:

See, I've been there before. When I was about nine, I had a favorite cousin who was about four years older than me, and it amused him to find I'd be willing to fight him anyway 'cause I was a little hothead at that point in my life.

So, he'd find a way to really, really piss me off-- and I'd go after him. But, I always ended up with him with his hand on my noggin, laughing his ass off at my baffled fury... :laugh2:

It was a fate worse than a clear-cut defeat. At least when you get your ass kicked, you can say that you actually got in a fight.

This other shit? Man, it leaves you feeling like you ain't exactly qualified to get in a fight! :shock:

So: no way are we gonna fight. That shit is just TOO humiliating, and I'm pretty sure that's just how things would work out! :laugh2:

--Rob :thumb:

Latest Threads