So I bought some Breathe Right strips...

LoKi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping this will be a temporary solution to my morning migraine headaches, and my 'larynx stripping' snoring. :D

I've got one on now and it is definitely easier to breathe, even with this headcold I'm fighting. I've always had nasal passage issues, and was supposed to get some procedure done where they burn em out and make em bigger.. Didn't sound appealing to me and I don't go to doctors at all unless I'm unconscious in the back of an ambulance.

Well... I'm off to bed. I'll report my findings in the morning. If my throat is sore, I know I was snoring anyway, but if I don't have a headache, I'll be one happy man. :thumb:

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
ive tired them and they work well... i use them when i ride my dirtbike to help me breathe easier when i start getting fatigued. best of luck with them though, i think youll like them!

PMcG No.6

Reaction score
I'll be interested to hear the results. I have headaches and stiff neck often in the morning and have wondered if it's sleep apnea. My wife has the same problem. She's doing a sleep study soon to have it checked out. We both snore. She's worse than me, of course :D. I think our Dr. had recommended trying those strips once before. We never did.

decoy205

Reaction score
I have similar issues with sleeping and sinus pressure. Def. report back on how they work. I think I tried them once before but it came off during the night.

I hate when I see people in movies and on tv "waking up" they just get out of bed and look well rested and feel great. lol I never felt like that once after waking up. Some days i feel like a truck hit me. :hmm:

ArchEtech

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like a doctor needs to do a little "roto-rooter" action in your nose.

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score
I did a sleep study 4 years ago...sleep apnea. I've used a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine since, and no more snoring or waking up in the middle of the night. I do well on six hours of sleep now.

It's not sexy, but the darn thing works. You wear a mask that covers your nose, and it pumps air into your lungs; the positive pressure keeps your airway open. It takes some getting used to--being an aircrew member really helped, as we wore oxygen masks all the time. It's claustrophobic the first time, and "pressure breathing" takes a little getting used to as well. It reverses the natural cycle of breathing; normally, we actively inhale, and passively exhale. With the CPAP it's the opposite; you relax and let the machine fill your lungs, then actively exhale against the pressure. I find it very relaxing, and I get to sleep in about 2 minutes after hitting the pillow. :D

I'd recommend a sleep study. If you have medical coverage it should be covered. Snoring takes years off your life, so there's a positive benefit right there.

BB

BB

decoy205

Reaction score
I did a sleep study 4 years ago...sleep apnea. I've used a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine since, and no more snoring or waking up in the middle of the night. I do well on six hours of sleep now.

It's not sexy, but the darn thing works. You wear a mask that covers your nose, and it pumps air into your lungs; the positive pressure keeps your airway open. It takes some getting used to--being an aircrew member really helped, as we wore oxygen masks all the time. It's claustrophobic the first time, and "pressure breathing" takes a little getting used to as well. It reverses the natural cycle of breathing; normally, we actively inhale, and passively exhale. With the CPAP it's the opposite; you relax and let the machine fill your lungs, then actively exhale against the pressure. I find it very relaxing, and I get to sleep in about 2 minutes after hitting the pillow. :D

I'd recommend a sleep study. If you have medical coverage it should be covered. Snoring takes years off your life, so there's a positive benefit right there.

BB

BB

I've always thought about doing this. I bet i have sleep apnea too. Does this machine make a lot of noise?

Belzeebub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Like BB, Im also on a CPAP. Had a sleep study last year and was diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apena. I dont snore anymore and I sleep better. The only downside to it (if you'd call it that), is I cannot sleep without the CPAP. I was curious to see if I could go to sleep without using a CPAP, and it was impossible for me to go to sleep. Trying to sleep without the machine feels like drowning.

Having said that, the CPAP allowed me to get better quality sleep resulting in me feeling better and rested the next day, the wife no longer complains of my freight train-like snoring, and reduced my risks of heart disease (since untreated sleep apnea increases one's risks of heart disease).

Belzeebub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've always thought about doing this. I bet i have sleep apnea too. Does this machine make a lot of noise?

I dont have much experience with the types of machines, but the one I use is REMstar M Series CPAP made by Respironics and is extremely quiet. My wife says she can hear the slight sound of air coming out of the mask vents but no big deal. The a/c wall vents make a louder sound.

Belzeebub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'll be interested to hear the results. I have headaches and stiff neck often in the morning and have wondered if it's sleep apnea. My wife has the same problem. She's doing a sleep study soon to have it checked out. We both snore. She's worse than me, of course :D. I think our Dr. had recommended trying those strips once before. We never did.

Do often feel unusually tired the following day? Do you get a full night's sleep? Or do you wake up in the middle of the night gasping for air?

IndianScout

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I use one of these 4x a day..

HS123-Respironics-MisterNeb-Compressor-Nebulizer.jpg

Androo

Reaction score
I'm hoping this will be a temporary solution to my morning migraine headaches, and my 'larynx stripping' snoring. :D

I've got one on now and it is definitely easier to breathe, even with this headcold I'm fighting. I've always had nasal passage issues, and was supposed to get some procedure done where they burn em out and make em bigger.. Didn't sound appealing to me and I don't go to doctors at all unless I'm unconscious in the back of an ambulance.

Well... I'm off to bed. I'll report my findings in the morning. If my throat is sore, I know I was snoring anyway, but if I don't have a headache, I'll be one happy man. :thumb:

Wait... there's actually a solution to migraine?! That's IMPOSSIBLE!! I've tried bazillion of different pills. Nothing seems to work effectively. I have to sleep for it to stop. Plus this only works about 65% of the time.

Belzeebub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wait... there's actually a solution to migraine?! That's IMPOSSIBLE!! I've tried bazillion of different pills. Nothing seems to work effectively. I have to sleep for it to stop. Plus this only works about 65% of the time.

There are lots of prescription medicines for migraine. Just to name a few: Treximet, Topamax, Maxalt, Imitrex, etc. Ask your doctor which one is right for you.

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I get migranes.
BAD.
I pop some aspirin. Then I have to lock my door cover the window with a thick dark blanket. Turn off the fan because of the noise. Turn out the lights and hide under my bed for about an hour or two.

I haven't had one in two months, THANK GOD!. But I'd usually get them once or twice a month.

ThrashPirate

Reaction score
Sunglasses + two Excedrin Migraine strength + silence = Happy Mark with no more migraine. :applause:

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score
Like BB, Im also on a CPAP. Had a sleep study last year and was diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apena. I dont snore anymore and I sleep better. The only downside to it (if you'd call it that), is I cannot sleep without the CPAP. I was curious to see if I could go to sleep without using a CPAP, and it was impossible for me to go to sleep. Trying to sleep without the machine feels like drowning.

Having said that, the CPAP allowed me to get better quality sleep resulting in me feeling better and rested the next day, the wife no longer complains of my freight train-like snoring, and reduced my risks of heart disease (since untreated sleep apnea increases one's risks of heart disease).

Big +1...I cannot sleep without it. There are alternatives at IhateCPAP.com, but for now the machine works for me...Lord help me if we have a power failure.

The machine isn't too noisy; I need white noise anyway to get to sleep. I tell my wife that "I'm going Darth Vader" when I get the rig on...:D

BB

dwagar

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Loki, man, you live in Calgary. Of course you have sinus headaches. It's a given with the Chinook winds and pressure changes.

I thought I suffered from migranes for years, one day a pharmacist told me he thought it was sinus, and sold me some Eltor's (same drug in Tylenol Sinus, Allegra D, etc). It cleared up my 'migrane'.

I pop a Reactine every day, when it gets bad I pop a couple of Tylenol sinus pills. Catch it early so it doesn't devolve into an infection, I try to stay away from antibiotics in case some day I really need them.

I had a doctor a few years ago that was from Europe. He said he's worked quite a few places around the world, he's never seen a place as bad as Calgary for sinus problems.

Quote:
"I don't go to doctors at all unless I'm unconscious in the back of an ambulance"

Tim 'the Tool Man' Taylor once noted, "guys won't go to the doctor unless they are decapitated, and even then won't go if we think we can fix it with Duct Tape."

Androo

Reaction score
I get migranes.
BAD.
I pop some aspirin. Then I have to lock my door cover the window with a thick dark blanket. Turn off the fan because of the noise. Turn out the lights and hide under my bed for about an hour or two.

I haven't had one in two months, THANK GOD!. But I'd usually get them once or twice a month.

Like you exactly - add vomit and extreme moods plus two times a week and you wrap me up completely.

Latest Threads