So glad it's gone!

scooter500

Reaction score
That annoying 60 cycle buzz plagued me on an on. I bought and used a quality extension box n cord, with EMI/RFI filtering too, but the buzz went on. I bought quality guitar cables after waiting for sales, but the buzz went on. I bought quality patch cables by Mogami and the like, but the buzz went on. I checked the house wiring but the buzz went on. I ditched some noisy pedals but you know the buzz went on. I checked my guitar's grounding but the buzz went on. I turned the fluorescent lights off but the buzz went on. I kept my amps low but the buzz went on. I got a special high quality power cord for my amp but the buzz went on. I got pretty good at adjusting my guitar setups but the buzz went on. Seemed everything helped my tone a bit or at least didn't hurt it. Sound checks still sucked. Finally, I bought a cheap pedal power brick by Mosky to replace my One Spot and tonight had some time to really try things out, and now, the buzz is gone! Finally able to say "The buzz is gone!"

Mule Train

Reaction score
Daisy chaining is usually noisy, bricks with isolated outs are better. I just ordered a Godlyke, I am curious on how it will work with my small four pedal layout.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW6VxWrHTbQ[/ame]

Guitaraxe

Reaction score
Some kind of journey you had. Good job getting it done!

scooter500

Reaction score
Hum, interesting youtube. Best of luck with your Godlyke brick, bet it works.

I wonder if my old Guyatone Ratlike pedal and EHX Pulsar pedals are actually okay? That'd be sweet! Maybe they can rejoin the journey! :)

Drew71

Reaction score
That annoying 60 cycle buzz plagued me on an on. I bought and used a quality extension box n cord, with EMI/RFI filtering too, but the buzz went on. I bought quality guitar cables after waiting for sales, but the buzz went on. I bought quality patch cables by Mogami and the like, but the buzz went on. I checked the house wiring but the buzz went on. I ditched some noisy pedals but you know the buzz went on. I checked my guitar's grounding but the buzz went on. I turned the fluorescent lights off but the buzz went on. I kept my amps low but the buzz went on. I got a special high quality power cord for my amp but the buzz went on. I got pretty good at adjusting my guitar setups but the buzz went on. Seemed everything helped my tone a bit or at least didn't hurt it. Sound checks still sucked. Finally, I bought a cheap pedal power brick by Mosky to replace my One Spot and tonight had some time to really try things out, and now, the buzz is gone! Finally able to say "The buzz is gone!"

Glad to hear it finally "buzzed" off..

Mule Train

Reaction score
The godlike is a daisy chain also. I used to have a small Fuel Tank brick that was excellent. The godlike and my new Joyo Tremolo will be coming today, I will follow up.

sonar

Reaction score
For the band I ditched my One Spot and went back to my old standby - Voodoo Lab Pedal Power. Life's too short to go cheap on power supplies.

Even around the house I'm daisy chaining with a better quality Fishman Wall Wart over a One Spot.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Most of my buzz issues went away when I switched from a 1 spot daisy chain to Voodoo Lab pedal power 2 power supply.

I am unfortunate enough to gig out in some less than power friendly locations so I also added 2 Ebtech Hum X eliminators to my rig - one connected to my pedal board and one connected to my amp. I have been dead quiet everywhere ever since (full disclosure - my rig was dead quiet in every situation after I added the first Hum X to just my pedal board. I added another one to my amp late last summer for "extra protection").

Ebtech_HUMX.jpg

Before the Ebtech, certain outdoor shows would cause my gear to hum like mad. These usually involved shows where the stage was powered with long extension cords where the same breaker might also be powering fans, coolers and / or neon signs.

sonar

Reaction score
Most of my buzz issues went away when I switched from a 1 spot daisy chain to Voodoo Lab pedal power 2 power supply.

I am unfortunate enough to gig out in some less than power friendly locations so I also added 2 Ebtech Hum X eliminators to my rig - one connected to my pedal board and one connected to my amp. I have been dead quiet everywhere ever since (full disclosure - my rig was dead quiet in every situation after I added the first Hum X to just my pedal board. I added another one to my amp late last summer for "extra protection").

Ebtech_HUMX.jpg

Before the Ebtech, certain outdoor shows would cause my gear to hum like mad. These usually involved shows where the stage was powered with long extension cords where the same breaker might also be powering fans, coolers and / or neon signs.

Is that a 2 prong?

Ground lift?

Mr. Satchmo

Reaction score
Yeah man my rig got very quiet when I switched from the gator power brick to the Voodoo power labs pd 2, there is no comparison

hecube

Reaction score

Ebtech_HUMX.jpg

I did the exact same thing as you a few years ago: Voodoo Lab PP2+ and a HumX on the entire pedalboard.

That got rid of any hum.

Mule Train

Reaction score
I got the Power All today and it is what I expected. Great at lower volumes, cranked it is a bit noisy. I tried each of my effects alone, DOD 80's Flanger, Joyo Tremolo, DD3 delay, Express Looper, it was pretty quiet. When I started daisy chaining them the noise came along with it, but not to bad. Perfect for home use with the FM 25R and Jensen C10Q Italian speaker.

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
live in a happy place where all of the noise i get in my rig is due to me using Fender offsets with single coil pickups through a muff run wide open.

I'm ok with this.

scooter500

Reaction score
Already considering springing for a better power brick like the Voodoo PP2+ or similar, I think the Mosky is producing inconsistent power levels... sometimes my effects are not work quite right or at all. HumXs are a good idea too.

hecube

Reaction score
The last (?) step in getting in unwanted noises was just achieved.

I just bought a Lehle DC Filter to get rid of footswitch pops caused by two pedals.

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I think slight hum must be a home player issue. I'm not the least bit obsessed with it, but there's no way I'm going to hear anything of the sort once the band kicks in.

Latest Threads