So Bacchus Universe are cheap imports. Which are the good ones?

LoveLes83

Reaction score
Classic Series, right? What else? Brian were the early version of Universe, right?

J-Dizzle

Reaction score
Not all Universe were cheap imports

Check the Bacchus thread its all there.

GammyBird

Reaction score
The early models are supposed to be pretty good. I kinda like the Brian by Bacchus strat I have. I might even grab one of the higher end LP's eventually. It would probably need some hardware and electronics upgrades though.

The Classic Series are not the Universe Series, they're a higher quality guitar. I suggest you hunt down some Vintage Series guitars, I'm in love with mine.....still.

LoveLes83

Reaction score
J
The early models are supposed to be pretty good. I kinda like the Brian by Bacchus strat I have. I might even grab one of the higher end LP's eventually. It would probably need some hardware and electronics upgrades though.

The Classic Series are not the Universe Series, they're a higher quality guitar. I suggest you hunt down some Vintage Series guitars, I'm in love with mine.....still.
I know. I was answering my own question as to which are the good models when i said Classic. I don’t think I’ve seen a single Vintage Series on YJ in the last month I’ve been checking the Bacchus search page every 3 or 4 days. I’m new to Bacchus and they seem to be so rare on YJ, at least, that I’m not sure i had ever even heard of the Vintage Series.

Lumi71

Reaction score
I think for the single cuts it is the "live road" series. Vintage series was the Strat/tele line.
There is a new and old live road series. The old ones are MIJ and equal in qualtiy to the classic series. The new ones are made in China. Give away is the right open book headstock, bell trussrod cover and no serial if I am right, on the MIJ ones. Sometimes they lack the "live road" script on the headstock...

Made in China

Old MIJ headstock (LP special)
CIMG3635.JPG

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
The new ones are made in China. Give away is the right open book headstock, bell trussrod cover and no serial if I am right, on the MIJ ones. Sometimes they lack the "live road" script on the headstock...
Didn't know that. I saw a few specials advertised with that off centre headstock and assumed they were still MIJ.

I have a Classic Special that showed up a few weeks back. I wanted noiseless P90s so I put in a set of mojotone quiet coils. They sounded lifeless and the original P90s were not that noisey. So now it is stock again. I am actually hunting for an extra set of P90s for my 54 style LP but Bacchus has not responded to my emails.

To the OP, the Classics do come up every few months. You just have to be patient. When I bought my special, there were actually 2 other p90 Classics that were up within a week or so.

There is a black LP with a bigsby currently:
https://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/qsic/xg459.html#&gid=itemImage&pid=7

Last edited:

wulfman

Let the good times roll....
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The MIJ Live Road LPs started to have serials at some point, and these serials were used for other Bacchus guitars as well like the Duke and Handmade series stuff. Note that some of the older Bacchus MIJ with no serials have slightly different routing and tenon than the later ones that adopted the Gibson long tenon. Some of these have Live Road logos and some do not. Taking notes? Bacchus are a fun brand for sure.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Yes, that should be MIJ from what I understand. It's a Craft Series (C serial number) but proably an early one that it still says Classic Series on the hs face.

I was admiring it myself.

LoveLes83

Reaction score
Didn't know that. I saw a few specials advertised with that off centre headstock and assumed they were still MIJ.

I have a Classic Special that showed up a few weeks back. I wanted noiseless P90s so I put in a set of mojotone quiet coils. They sounded lifeless and the original P90s were not that noisey. So now it is stock again. I am actually hunting for an extra set of P90s for my 54 style LP but Bacchus has not responded to my emails.

To the OP, the Classics do come up every few months. You just have to be patient. When I bought my special, there were actually 2 other p90 Classics that were up within a week or so.

There is a black LP with a bigsby currently:
https://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/qsic/xg459.html#&gid=itemImage&pid=7
Oh yeah i know the Classics are not that rare. I was talking about the Vintage Series, but now that it seems that the Vintage are their Fender copies that might be why I haven’t seen them on YJ. I haven’t been looking at any Bacchus Fender copies. I have my one beautiful Tele and that is all I need. The shorter scale and
flatter noard radius of Gibson style guitars suit me much better. I wish i liked Fenders a bit more as i find Teles,
especially the 70s Tele Custom and Deluxe, gorgeous.

LoveLes83

Reaction score
Yes, that should be MIJ from what I understand. It's a Craft Series (C serial number) but proably an early one that it still says Classic Series on the hs face.

I was admiring it myself.
Feel free to grab it. Wow that price is right. If I hadn’t just gotten a Tokai goldtop with p90s a week ago i would have bid on it without thinking about it for longer than 5 seconds.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Feel free to grab it. Wow that price is right. If I hadn’t just gotten a Tokai goldtop with p90s a week ago i would have bid on it without thinking about it for longer than 5 seconds.
I can't right now. Last week I had the kitten spayed and it was almost 3x more than it was 4 years ago when I had my other 2 done. Quite the unexpected price increase.

I did some work on an Orville singlecut special and now I kind of want one lol. I surely don't need one though lol.

wulfman

Let the good times roll....
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Good point, there are a few out there. Not all mind you .I’ve had a couple of them as well.

Latest Threads