Smoked turkey necks? Yummie

fett

Get fett. It pays.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You Southern Belles may get this. I live in the Pac NW. My local supermarket got smoked on this. They OD'ed on them. I guess, they had to. Vacuumed packed. They go for $2.99/lb. You all know, I would never pay that much. I'm game for anything marked down. I had to buy a 2/lb bag for 99 cents. It did had the $2 off sticker. Anyway, I'm hooked. :thumb:

MooCheng

Reaction score
I'm curious, is there much meat on a turkey neck ?

always thought there like 90% windpipe

fett

Get fett. It pays.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That's an interesting point. Pound for pound, not much. Think chicken wings. They go for over 3 bucks a pound where I live. Now many of you guys have bought a whopper turkey? I never used the necks. I know about using them to make broth. I just thought they were there to pad the weight. Anyway, they have bags and bags of smoked necks. I also like making bean soup with dry beans. I know, it's a pain in the ass to let them soak overnight. Welp. It's fun. Onions and bell peppers and carrots and whatever. Throw in my 99 cents necks and it's magic. I had to figure out how to eat them.

fett

Get fett. It pays.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Somebody thinks differently. My supermarket did. What's with all the negative waves? Try food that is not in your mindset. Barring oysters. Never again.

MooCheng

Reaction score
it could have been a disgruntled soon to be, ex supermarket employee, ordered up a semi load of turkey necks,

what a wonderful way to get revenge

fett

Get fett. It pays.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I stuck my neck out on this one. Look. This is more about trying to sell a product in a region that has no turking clue what to make of it. I made my bones. I want to branch out. What's next? Smoked pig's feet?

Latest Threads