Sleeper Solo thread...

Gold_topped

Reaction score
SO lately I have come across a few songs from both artists I have heard of and have not, and was blown away by some of the guitar work and solos.

Suggest a song or two that has excellent guitar work, that may not be popular or well known.

Ready set.. go

Dave J

Reaction score
I love the solo in the Pretenders "Tattooed Love Boys" by James Honeyman-Scott.

I think the guitar player in Blind Melon had some tasteful solos.

My favorite would be anything from Earthless. Check out "Violence of the Red Sea" or "Uluru Rock" or "Sonic Prayer". The Live from Roadburn is excellent live stuff.

El Pablo

Reaction score
A group you may or may not know about is Big Wreck. Ian Thornley is their guitarists/singer. He has some of the best tone and phrasing I have ever heard.

Check out their song Ghosts. The solo just brings chills. For the record, one of my top influences was SRV, especially his Couldn't Stand The Weather album. When I listen to Ghosts solo, my SRV mojo comes alive.

EasyAce

Reaction score
An outtake from the concert jams that produced Live at Bill Graham's Fillmore West (and, a
rebuke to all the cover-band chauvinists who insist you can't play a "classic" any way but
the original recording, led by the singer who wrote the damn song in the first place . . . )

The original single, which flopped on original release and became lost for decades while
a very different album cut became the only version most people knew, but this one
blows the album cut right out of the water . . .