Slaughter free meat!

lancpudn

Reaction score
Just reading about meat grown in labs from cells from individual animals, I wonder how this will affect vegetarians? the animal doesn't die to eat it's meat.
Would you eat meat that was grown in a Lab? I know it would be popular in our household as we've cut down drastically on factory farmed meats that are full of growth hormones, red meat especially. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45865403

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Just reading about meat grown in labs from cells from individual animals, I wonder how this will affect vegetarians? the animal doesn't die to eat it's meat.
Would you eat meat that was grown in a Lab? I know it would be popular in our household as we've cut down drastically on factory farmed meats that are full of growth hormones, red meat especially. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45865403
I know at least 2 vegetarians who don't eat meat not for ethical reasons, but because their stomach can't handle it or they just don't like it. Anyway, I wonder how many chemicals are in that stuff, I don't think I'd eat it, at least not until it's been tested long term and perfected.

Ed B

Reaction score
I'd welcome it. Not because I'm concerned about the animal. I'm more concerned about the water and fat content in my brisket when it hits the plateau. Controlling that would be worth it's weight in gold to me.

And then there's the off chance that this could put PETA out of business. :laugh2:

I'm in!

rabidhamster

Reaction score
I mean lab meat basically HAS to be higher in growth horomones doesn't it?

Howard2k

Premium Member
Reaction score
I know at least 2 vegetarians who don't eat meat not for ethical reasons, but because their stomach can't handle it or they just don't like it. Anyway, I wonder how many chemicals are in that stuff, I don't think I'd eat it, at least not until it's been tested long term and perfected.

Everything is made of chemicals.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
I know at least 2 vegetarians who don't eat meat not for ethical reasons, but because their stomach can't handle it or they just don't like it.
the ethical reasons are just a side benefit ( my opinion ) . I was raised as a vegan , and I remain one to this day __ 52 years later . my personal belief is that it's a healthier way to live . and with all of the antibiotics / chemicals that are being put into the meats now . i'm glad that I eat the way I do

but I also avoid chemicals as much as I can . use non fluoridated toothpaste , and drink clean water . no aluminum in my deodorant , no toxic cleaning supplies in my house

so lab grown meat is a big NO for me . I don't even eat the fake meats in the vegan section of the super mart . I don't see the point of it

Tone deaf

Reaction score
No thanks. Eat that stuff, then wait ten years for the news reports that they, belatedly, discovered that there is something in the lab-grown meat that causes cancer. Then call Dewey, Screw'em and How. I'll pass.

When I saw the thread title, I was wondering if they were harvesting meat from animals that die of old age, other natural causes or accidentally...

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Rabbits. Why aren't we just breeding tons and tons of Rabbits to eat?

...they say it taste like Chicken.

Chickens and Rabbits. Plenty of Meat around. No need to grow it in a petrie dish.
actually a brilliant idea . not only do they have more protein per ounce __ they also have less calories . they breed faster . they're easier to feed . and you can wear their fur

for an off the grid solution , as far as raising animal meat . I think that rabbits would be ideal . if you eat meat , that is :laugh2:

ErictheRed

Reaction score
This is definitely the future of farming. It might take 100 years, but eventually this will be the way that meat is produced, without a doubt.

Before that happens, we'll see leather products made this way, as it's a lot less scary to wear a lab-grown belt than eat a lab-grown steak.