Slashed again!

Who

Well respected man about town
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave would NEVER name a dog cupcake.
Sure he would.

He just wouldn’t let any of us magpies hold him. And wouldn’t give a tinker’s dam about our tears of disappointment. :rofl:

sonar1

Reaction score
:cheers:
To the cognoscenti, who realize just how good the Gibson Slash Standards are, despite short tenons and thumbchewer knob indicators!

timberterra

Reaction score
I picked up a Slash AFD earlier this year and I reach for it more than my R9. It just seems to really nail a good rock tone. I’m going to play some pup musical chairs to see if I can get R9 where I want it. Otherwise it will be out the door

juanpuol

Reaction score
Fantastic guitar. Those Slash Les Pauls are incredible. I agree with you, they are as close to a Custom Shop as you can get and easily holds its own with my R8 and R9. From my Slash to your Slash - Cheers!

View attachment 533172
I keep seeing this picture in the forum and still can't believe how nice that flame is. I said this before (I think to you) but I will say it again. I am saving for the Goldtop one, but if I saw a November like yours I would deffinetively go for it instead.

Wise Guy

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but after simply hefting my 2020 November Burst off the rack it went home with me (fabulous neck too).
Quickly it became my #1, and sent my 2012 R9 packing.
Then I left most everything else behind as I moved from Santa Cruz, to Redding.

Tried a PRS, and a couple other Les Pauls, SG, etc.
But none of them had that grainy midrange gronk I love about the Slash Standard.
Scored a 2019 LP Standard ‘50’s from GC in Chico. I love Burstbuckers, but missed that slightly hot-rodded midrange prominence of the Slash, so scored some Seymour Duncan Slash AlNiCo Pro II’s and it’s closer now.

Got a decent tax return and stimuli money: what to do? Gotta buy a guitar if you’re flush, right? Besides, my birthday was the 17th:

View attachment 533084
Enter 2021 Appetite Amber Slash Standard.
View attachment 533085
So my entire stable is mostly midrangey Slash sound, and I wasn’t even a fan. Growin’ on me though.
The Special Tribute (far left) has 490’s. Guess what? They’re kinda in that ballpark too!
I've always thought that the 490's sounded a lot like the Slash's SD signature pups. I did an A/B comparison awhile back and couldn't really tell them apart.

dasherf17

Reaction score
“Cupcake” does NOT care for electric guitar plugged in!

She was wandering around, so I took some with her in it.
Photo bombing is so fun when it comes to pets! I was going to ask who it was...

sonar1

Reaction score
I've always thought that the 490's sounded a lot like the Slash's SD signature pups. I did an A/B comparison awhile back and couldn't really tell them apart.
I have lately loved Burstbuckers mostly, and had them in several guitars and never been disappointed, but 490’s have more “oomph,” for when heavy lifting is required.
Had a black Custom just before the Richlite finger boards, and the Boogie I was using then sent it into the most beautiful harmonic feedback. It had 490’s!

sonar1

Reaction score
I picked up a Slash AFD earlier this year and I reach for it more than my R9. It just seems to really nail a good rock tone. I’m going to play some pup musical chairs to see if I can get R9 where I want it. Otherwise it will be out the door
My used 2012 R9 had Burstbuckers. At first I couldn’t tell the difference between my R9 and the 2020 Slash November Burst (sound wise). I did like the fretwork a little better on the Slash. It played better somehow.
I sometimes miss owning that R9 anymore. It had its “thing” going for it.
But I enjoy PLAYING the Slash(es) more, and they have a more romp & stomp attitude to their sound, overall.

FingerLakesFan

Reaction score
I keep seeing this picture in the forum and still can't believe how nice that flame is. I said this before (I think to you) but I will say it again. I am saving for the Goldtop one, but if I saw a November like yours I would deffinetively go for it instead.
Thanks man. I really appreciate it. It is a fantastic guitar and I am really lucky to get her. She sounds as good as she looks.

sonar1

Reaction score
I just got one too...I had been on the hunt for a light Les Paul, and got a great deal on this new Slash. It only weighs 7lb 14.7oz and is by far the lightest LP I own. It quickly put to bed the myth that light Les Pauls don't sound good!!

Beauty!
My November burst hides its flame a lot, but when the angle is right it pops out.

7D6595E7-2B76-4D4A-A868-3DD8D898666B.jpeg

Latest Threads