Slashed again!

sonar1

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but after simply hefting my 2020 November Burst off the rack it went home with me (fabulous neck too).
Quickly it became my #1, and sent my 2012 R9 packing.
Then I left most everything else behind as I moved from Santa Cruz, to Redding.

Tried a PRS, and a couple other Les Pauls, SG, etc.
But none of them had that grainy midrange gronk I love about the Slash Standard.
Scored a 2019 LP Standard ‘50’s from GC in Chico. I love Burstbuckers, but missed that slightly hot-rodded midrange prominence of the Slash, so scored some Seymour Duncan Slash AlNiCo Pro II’s and it’s closer now.

Got a decent tax return and stimuli money: what to do? Gotta buy a guitar if you’re flush, right? Besides, my birthday was the 17th:

D7AA1FFD-9516-40D0-81B1-9576C5CCE7A1.jpeg

Enter 2021 Appetite Amber Slash Standard.
A3CEC4EF-2C88-4802-AC68-6389EC261820.jpeg

So my entire stable is mostly midrangey Slash sound, and I wasn’t even a fan. Growin’ on me though.
The Special Tribute (far left) has 490’s. Guess what? They’re kinda in that ballpark too!

brianbzed

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but after simply hefting my 2020 November Burst off the rack it went home with me (fabulous neck too).

But none of them had that grainy midrange gronk I love about the Slash Standard.
Scored a 2019 LP Standard ‘50’s from GC in Chico. I love Burstbuckers, but missed that slightly hot-rodded midrange prominence of the Slash, so scored some Seymour Duncan Slash AlNiCo Pro II’s and it’s closer now.

Got a decent tax return and stimuli money: what to do? Gotta buy a guitar if you’re flush, right? Besides, my birthday was the 17th:

View attachment 533084
View attachment 533085
So my entire stable is mostly midrangey Slash sound, and I wasn’t even a fan. Growin’ on me though.
The Special Tribute (far left) has 490’s. Guess what? They’re kinda in that ballpark too!
nice little collection you have there!

freak

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave would NEVER name a dog cupcake.

S. Nomad

Reaction score

View attachment 533084
View attachment 533085
Very nice! My B-Day was the 17th as well! Here's my birthday present, a 2021 Gibson Les Paul Standard 50's

Attachments

DaveSG

Reaction score
Very nice! My B-Day was the 17th as well! Here's my birthday present, a 2021 Gibson Les Paul Standard 50's
Please post this guitar up in our 'Flametop Friday' thread and the 'In Praise of the New Originals' thread - I can tell this guitar has a killer top and we'd love to see more of it!

Sonar, you too! BTW it is almost FRIDAY!!

Latest Threads