Slash vs. Hotrodded?

SH!FT

Reaction score
Hey, I'm relativly new to the forum and I was wondering which do you guys think is better: Seymour Duncan Slash Alnico-II Pro humbucker set, or Seymour Duncan Hotrodded humbucker set (Jazz and JB). I wanted to get some new pickups for my Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus, nothin' wrong with the stock but just want to experiment around, you know.:slash:

captcoolaid

Reaction score
Depends on what you want to play. I like the JB with an A8 in it and a 59 in the neck for Duncan stuff.

Shagnwagon

Reaction score
I have both sets in different guitars. Both are great sets, but it really depends on what you are looking for. Alnico IIs will give you a more classic sound, and in the neck is a real creamy sound. Hotrodded are versatile, but they sound more modern to me, and the JB is a hot pickup. The jazz isnt as creamy as the alnico II but I love it the same since it has its own unique sound. Watch some demos and see what you like more. I dont think you can go wrong with either one.

Rhust

Reaction score
I haven't used the slash(I want a pair though for my LP) but I have used the 59s and the pearly gates in the past... I have a Sceamin' demon and a full shred in my charvel(I don't think they make either anymore... ) the Sceamin' demon was always a favorite, but the pearly gates bridge and 59 neck was a great combo, imo.

Brianjg2

Reaction score
I have the hotrod set in one of my les pauls and I like them but they do sound modern and if I were to do it again I would go with the JB in the Bridge and an Alnico II in the neck, I Installed this combo in a friends gison lp studio and the resulting sound combo was amazing and definitely more versatile. The punch and crispness of the JB and the creaminess smoothness of the Alnico II just seemed to cover all the bases. Hope that helps.

GERRYGTR62

Reaction score
The Alnico Pro IIs in my AFD are pretty damn-good, nice cleans and good distorted--however, my Elitist GT has a sweet Duncan '59 in the bridge [and a jazz in the neck]--this RAWKS, too!!

you just can't go wrong on those Duncans--I've had a couple of Jacksons loaded with the JB, it's a good, versatile pick-up as well.

Latest Threads