Slash Signature LP Epi - which color is your favorite and why?

darkvoice

Reaction score
I saw an excellent deal on a 2021 Slash Epiphone LP and decided to get it. While waiting for the guitar to arrive and thinking about 5 available colors, I was curious about:
1) Why these specific colors are released? What is the significance of each? I know that Slash has a huge collection, so obviously there were other colors, but why these five?
2) What is your favorite color for Slash LP guitar and why? Is it because you saw him playing that color or was it used for specific album/song?

Mine will be in Appetite Burst, which also will be a new color in my LP collection.

Video of Slash talking about his Appetite LP guitar:

I didn't know that the AFD Slash used for their first album was a copy of Gibson. Did you?

Last edited:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Same here, it is the Appetite Burst I like the most, I think it is very sweet looking. I like the November Burst as well, but Appetite is where it all started and when GNR was at it's best. I just wish the necks weren't baseball bats and then I might have gotten one.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Same here, it is the Appetite Burst I like the most, I think it is very sweet looking. I like the November Burst as well, but Appetite is where it all started and when GNR was at it's best. I just wish the necks weren't baseball bats and then I might have gotten one.
have you tried one? base ball bet isn't the word i would use to describe the neck profile to say the least. i would say that it's in between the 59 and the 60's profile to discribe it. the 50's is a baseball bat and even that isn't that bad....

**edit**
as for what colors i like the best i'd have to say the gold top and the vermillion burst . friend of mine just got the vermillion burst and it's a sweet looking guitar. i wasn't given a choice of color. i was on the wating list for the anaconda burst and thats what i got,,,

Attachments

Last edited:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Yes, I was at the Gibson Garage and played both the Epiphone and Gibson Slash guitars, the neck is very big. I had a Gibson Custom Les Paul Custom figured top with a Medium C neck, and my Epiphone Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Custom Black Beauty has a medium C neck which is not horrible, but still a little big. The Slash neck is bigger than a Medium C neck to me in my hands. What ever shape this neck has, the minute I grab this guitar and start playing, I can feel the chunkiness of the neck and it does not feel good at all to me.

Last edited:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
The Slash Gibson Copy/Fake Appetite was basically a Gibson 59 Les Paul for the most part, I mean that's what the guy was making. Great Gibson 59 Les Paul Copy's that were top notch, made with really nice wood. The Epiphone 59 Les Paul they are making now though, the neck is definitely smaller than the Slash models.

rbraad68

Reaction score
i would have to say the AFD or the Gold top if your buying these for collecting. I bought mine cause it was something diff and knew that it being a slash i was prob a great LP. Having my 50's gold top with the slash PB's in the guitar i don't feel the need for the slash gold top. I think the anaconda is cool and it prob has the darkest back out of them all....

elephantrider

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's a busy ass guitar. good lawd. glad that didn't carry over to his sig models.

darkvoice

Reaction score
Early era BC Rich, but I’m not well versed enough in them to know any details. I have read that the original models hand built by Bernie Rico rival basically any guitar has existed.
Based on what you said it was probably quite expensive then. How did Slash manage to get his hands on such guitar?

Nikki M

Reaction score
i would have to say the AFD or the Gold top if your buying these for collecting. I bought mine cause it was something diff and knew that it being a slash i was prob a great LP. Having my 50's gold top with the slash PB's in the guitar i don't feel the need for the slash gold top. I think the anaconda is cool and it prob has the darkest back out of them all....
I have the Gold..

darkvoice

Reaction score
I received my LP in Appetite Burst and I am somehow disappointed with it. Top veneer does not look as contrast as top on Slash's guitar. Color on mine is really yellow with faint horizontal wood grain stripes. If you look at it from a distance it appears as a yellow guitar.

I was hoping that they would make it more bursty, with more distinct stripes. Instead new Epi Slash Appetite Burst version looks more like the cheap AFD kit version they've been selling for $300.

I hate to say it, but it seems the Appetite color is a miss on 2021 version, it was much closer to the original on 2010 Epiphone version.

Last edited:

Latest Threads