Slash Rosso Corsa at MF

Ramsayjim

Reaction score
I am waiting on these coming into stock in the scotland..will give some feedback once ive tested..hoping to get a call 2moro about a delivery

IRG

Reaction score
I would like one. Price is a little steep, but I payed $700 for a 1960V3 recently. I'm more likely to get the 1956 Goldtop P-90 version before another humbucker.

rem22

Reaction score
Surely a nice guitar but I would not buy one. Too expensive and I'm not sure it brings something more than used Slash signature guitars, and it might be less good than a used Elitist or other MIj.
I would either buy a used Epi AFD because of the look, or a MIj Lp.

And I really like Slash and one day I'll have a dedicated Lp (Slash pups, 11s tuned in Eb)

Sanangelo

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting one. About 99% sure, just haven't pulled the trigger yet to order it. I like that it has the SD Slash alnico II pickups from the factory, always wanted to get a Les Paul with those pickups. It having the Slash graphic instead of the Les Paul logo doesn't bother me any. And it does come with a case, so 899 seems a fair price to me.
I asked my Sweetwater rep if they were going to get any of those in and he said they are a Guitar Center/Musicians Friend exclusive.

punkbird

Reaction score
I played one at my local GC. It was amazing. I'm not a huge Slash fan, but I love the color and the neck profile. The neck is really beefy, feels very much like my LPC. Plugged in it sounded amazing. I had plugged it into a used Marshal JCM 800 they had on display. Long neck tenon, SD pick-ups, and that neck profile, plus the beautiful color, I'd buy one if I could justify another LP with humbuckers, but i'm saving for a Historic RI LP with P90s. It very much reminded me of my Custom, so I have to say its a bargain.

Drew1986

Reaction score
I played one at Guitar Center a few weeks ago. Felt nice and sounded good as well. The neck was a little chunkier than what I was expecting. It wasn't the slim profile I was thinking it would be. Plus the frets felt small to me. Very vintage feeling in their height and width, but that could just be me.

Overall a nice guitar, but $900 nice? I don't think so. For that kind of money I'd get an American Strat or Tele. If you haggled I'm sure you could get one for that.

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
I played one at Guitar Center a few weeks ago. Felt nice and sounded good as well. The neck was a little chunkier than what I was expecting. It wasn't the slim profile I was thinking it would be. Plus the frets felt small to me. Very vintage feeling in their height and width, but that could just be me.

Overall a nice guitar, but $900 nice? I don't think so. For that kind of money I'd get an American Strat or Tele. If you haggled I'm sure you could get one for that.

Why should anybody who's looking for a :slash: Les Paul buy a Strat or a Tele ?

Just because they're made in the US :hmm:
( by Mexican employees :naughty: )

rallygsc

Reaction score
Hello Everyone:

I got to check one out recently, and it is a nice guitar, but the price is getting really close to a Gibson les paul studio.

the features are good, but the price to me doesn't justify it.

I agree, I would love to see an epiphone version of he 59 in it's true form or a 60 in it's true form, real flamed maple tops instead of laminates.

I owned a 59 epiphone and I currently own the 60 tribute plus, I like both of the guitars, but the new Slash guitar seems to fall short on expectations.

how about a non solid finish Bonamassa Les paul?, he has some cool gibbys that can be offered as epiphones, just a thought.

tak ecare
George

djw171

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting one. About 99% sure, just haven't pulled the trigger yet to order it. I like that it has the SD Slash alnico II pickups from the factory, always wanted to get a Les Paul with those pickups. It having the Slash graphic instead of the Les Paul logo doesn't bother me any. And it does come with a case, so 899 seems a fair price to me.
I asked my Sweetwater rep if they were going to get any of those in and he said they are a Guitar Center/Musicians Friend exclusive.

I think you Sweetwater rep is wrong, these are available everywhere, limited run though.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
I agree, I would love to see an epiphone version of he 59 in it's true form or a 60 in it's true form, real flamed maple tops instead of laminates.

how about a non solid finish Bonamassa Les paul?, he has some cool gibbys that can be offered as epiphones, just a thought.

Yep, it'd be nice to see a "poor man's Skinnerburst!"

Huntn131

Reaction score
Really pleased with mine,apparently pmt have sold all there's before the came in,(mine was one of them,:slash:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 61

Huntn131

Reaction score
Really pleased with mine,apparently pmt have sold all there's before they
came in,(mine was one of them,:slash:

djw171

Reaction score
Walked into my local store this morning. Has two of them in stock. Have to say its a very nice guitar. Epiphone did a great job. As an owner of the Gibson version the neck has such a different feel. Odd really since it has the same pickups etc..Epiphone market it as Slash Profile 'D" Shaped, yet Gibson have the '60's slim taper neck Slash prefers'. You really think they should have the same style. The Epiphone has some beef to it, not as much as the Bonamassa but enough. Nice though. Sound wise through a Marshall sounded exactly as you expect. The SD pickups are very good.
Price is a bit steep. $1099 Canadian with tax that's $1241. Bit much for an Epi imo.

fumblefinger

Reaction score
Let's see, if we were to make one like it new...

Plus top Pro ___$500
Slash pickups__ $190
Wiring goodies _$ 50 (No coil split, Orange drops, etc)
Epi Case______ $ 90
Total _________$830

May not be as bad a deal as I first thought. But I still prefer the AFD.

djw171

Reaction score
You would have to use a Tribute + as it also has the maple cap like the Slash. However, it comes with case so cost would be very similar.

keith longstaff

Reaction score
My version of the slash les paul

98 trans green £230
Slash pickups £165
Wiring kit including cts tvt pots,orange drops ,
Switchcraft switch and jack. Braided wire
Wired 50's style £75
Knobs £16
Tusq xl nut £7
--£493 total

Slash rosso corsa at Andertons UK £679

Seems pretty steep when you compare it to the tribute plus or the JB. The JB cost me £529 and I'm sure my T+ Was roughly the same. Both come with gibson pickups. So why the £150 difference in price?

djw171

Reaction score
Good question Keith. I put together the two specs. Would seem the pickup, caps, the 9 hole weight relief body (unusual for an Epi I believe) and the veneer top is the basic difference.

Attachments

• Slash v JB.jpg
    Slash v JB.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 53

keith longstaff

Reaction score
Good question Keith. I put together the two specs. Would seem the pickup, caps, the 9 hole weight relief body (unusual for an Epi I believe) and the veneer top is the basic difference.

It's Epiphone cashing in on Slash's name I reckon. But I'm sure people will buy them as it does look good.

FFXIhealer

Reaction score
If I do, I'd still have more to buy.

Gotoh Nashville-style Tune-o-matic bridge (to replace narrow-ass Epiphone one)
Long 3-way Switchcraft toggle switch (to replace crappy Epiphone one)
Switchcraft deep nut (to be able to fit new switch)

And I'd have to check out the pots. Who knows if you're going to get GOOD pots with it. The pickups are sweet, though and would stay.

Might even look at the nut...see if it needs replacing with a Graphtech one.

Latest Threads