Slash named "GLOBAL AMBASSADOR" for Gibson

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow. I like him, and his music, but seriously Gibson. LOL. Even I will admit this is a bit of a stretch.

"Guns N’ Roses guitarist Slash has been named Global Brand Ambassador for Gibson, the company announced on Aug. 15. He is the first to receive the designation in the guitar maker’s 100-plus year history.

As part of the new role, Slash will develop new products for the Gibson Custom, Gibson, and Epiphone lines. The musician has been aligned with the company for the last three decades."

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/slash-gibson-guitar-global-brand-ambassador-1202527853/

Attachments

Ed B

Reaction score
I think it's spot on. Corny, yes, but entirely accurate.

kiko

Reaction score
A bit of a stretch yes but I guess he'll do.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
Anyone who knows who slash is knows he plays LP's on stage. Anyone who's buying an LP knows who slash is.
I mean, I can't figure out a way to word a hypothetical where having slash as a global ambassador makes any sense, as far as advertising to sell guitars goes.
Was he threatening to leave and Hank was like "No no no wait!!! What if I gave you a cabinet position?"

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
*shrug* it's a Title. What's he really going to do? Invent a Les Paul?

This is interesting:

"Slash is currently on the Guns N’ Roses “Not in This Lifetime” tour, which has grossed $151.5 million during the first six months of 2017"

That's only like 6.5 million a week. They're practically Paupers, I hope they're eating enough. Poor guys. I thought people loved GnR.

:laugh2:

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
*shrug* it's a Title. What's he really going to do? Invent a Les Paul?

This is interesting:

"Slash is currently on the Guns N’ Roses “Not in This Lifetime” tour, which has grossed $151.5 million during the first six months of 2017"

That's only like 6.5 million a week. They're practically Paupers, I hope they're eating enough. Poor guys. I thought people loved GnR.

:laugh2:
We know Axl gets pancakes.

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
was he a terrible guitarist? How come that Rambo looking mofo is basically an unknown guitarist?

Now that I see the pic I'm like, "oh yeah! I remember that Rambo looking dude!" :laugh2: