Slash has bought the Robert Johnson ‘burst

SMAZCO

Reaction score
The bursts just have that "bounce" as I call it with the hollow multilayer overtones that are dirty and clean all together. That's the one thing that seems to separate the vintage from the new, even with the boutique pickups, they just can't get that last 10%. My historic makeovers came close with Wizz and vintage caps, but still on the search to find one that gets it.

BadPenguin

Reaction score
Your post was fine. The fact that Slash bought it, and will probably hide it away, never to be seen or more importantly, heard again, is what I found was the "so what" aspect of my post.

ARandall

Reaction score
Your post was fine. The fact that Slash bought it, and will probably hide it away, never to be seen or more importantly, heard again, is what I found was the "so what" aspect of my post.
Seriously?!?

He's one of the guys who is most likely to play it on record or live on stage so that people will hear it......

Move on before you embarrass yourself further

UEF

Reaction score
The bursts just have that "bounce" as I call it with the hollow multilayer overtones that are dirty and clean all together. That's the one thing that seems to separate the vintage from the new, even with the boutique pickups, they just can't get that last 10%. My historic makeovers came close with Wizz and vintage caps, but still on the search to find one that gets it.
Capacitor mojo doesn't exist.

What you might be hearing is old, dried up guitar. Or a placebo ;)

ClashCityRocker

Reaction score
That's a weird comment. Slash was pretty much the guy that turned me onto bursts and in turn, vintage gear in general. I was probably a bit late to the game. Even though I'd always played Les Pauls, it wasn't until I got his book in 2007 (I was 24) that I'd read about him buying the Joe Perry burst and realizing that it was the guitar in the November Rain video (which I'd always thought was THE coolest guitar) and then I slowly became aware that vintage LP's were a whole other animal. Since then I've seen him feature a few different bursts and korina's in different media. Some people might stash them away but Slash is a missionary where this stuff is concerned.

Last edited: