Slash Goldtop 2020

Zoso#1

Reaction score
After seeing Trogly's video on the leaked Slash goldtop, and Slash confirming in an interview with sweet water this model should be coming out possibly early 2021. How will this model effect the value of the original 2008 run? Is it just pretty much a 50s goldtop with slash buckers?

jbash

Reaction score
Is it just pretty much a 50s goldtop with slash buckers?
It's better- Dark chocolatey-red back!

I'd buy a dark back Goldtop over the current lightbacks in Gibson USA any day of the week. The historics lighter colored backs are fine- but the Goldtop Tributes like mine and the USA standard? Not a fan.

Cosmetics and pickups. Otherwise, yes a Slash Collection Standard is the exact same guitar as the Original Collection 50s Standard.

Edit- they do seem to be using lighter wood for the Slash guitars, at least initially. Most are in the 8-.5 to 9 lb or a little over range. Where most Original Collections are 9-10lbs and most sit around 9.5

musicmaniac

Reaction score
Not necessarily a Slash fan but I do think this one is nice!

jbash

Reaction score
Need?

What has any of this got to do with needs? :D

We don't need guitars or forums or music or any of it.

If people want it and will pay for it, that's all that matters. The market will speak.

I bought a Slash because the OC 50s Standard didn't offer me the options I wanted. If I was in the market for a Goldtop again, I'd definitely be looking at this Slash version as well for the reasons I stated above ( I would hope they knock off a few hundred though since it won't have the AAA top).

Last edited:

Latest Threads