Slash collection LPs

Brek

Reaction score
A load just come into my not local Gibson dealer, nearly the price of a used R8. Phew.

Last edited:

Torshalla

Reaction score
Yeah old news and he hs had many USA signatures before... then again he s a great artist, i am sure the business side is managed by other people.

jbash

Reaction score
He said these are the first Gibson USA Slash models? A bunch of the older models are USAs.
I'm guessing what he was trying to say is most of the stuff previous was custom shop and all was very limited edition. This is a steady USA production run. Just like every other Gibson USA (as opposed to Custom Shop) guitar.

Christosterone

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

jbash

Reaction score
@jbash, most of his past sig Les Pauls were USAs.

21 or so guitars according to that page.

6 are USA production. The rest are Custom Shop.

#of units for the majority of them are very low. And all are limited runs.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

tourettes2400

Reaction score
I am glad that Gibson is finally offering a left handed option on these. I would have purchased a few of the first couple they did together, especially the Appetite if a lefty would have been available.

diogoguitar

Reaction score
I’m trying to manage getting a body from stratosphere...
I want this one

This is interesting. They are selling the body+neck combo for $1700 when the whole guitar is listed at $3000.
I wonder if it is possible to rebuild a similar guitar from the combo for less.

Body+neck = $1700
pickups = $300
electronics = $80
bridge + tailpiece = $120 (?)
tuners = $100

= $2300?

What am I missing here?

1all's Pub

Reaction score
He said these are the first Gibson USA Slash models? A bunch of the older models are USAs.
I'm guessing what he was trying to say is most of the stuff previous was custom shop and all was very limited edition. This is a steady USA production run. Just like every other Gibson USA (as opposed to Custom Shop) guitar.
I think what @jbash (and Slash, ha!) is trying to say is that yes, there have been previous Slash models that were USA models, but those were all limited production runs and that these new ones are the first time that Slash models have been incorporated into the regular USA production run and will be just generally available from now on going forward (ie, not as just limited runs). Admittedly though, Slash wasn’t particularly clear in his description/presentation.

jbash

Reaction score
I think what @jbash (and Slash, ha!) is trying to say is that yes, there have been previous Slash models that were USA models, but those were all limited production runs and that these new ones are the first time that Slash models have been incorporated into the regular USA production run and will be just generally available from now on going forward (ie, not as just limited runs). Admittedly though, Slash wasn’t particularly clear in his description/presentation.
Thank you. Yes.

And the only thing that will be limited about the new Slash Collection (to my understanding) is there will be colors that don't get produced every year. Amber and November are to remain evergreen, the red and green bursts will go and be replaced by new colors for 2021.

domigit

Reaction score
This is interesting. They are selling the body+neck combo for $1700 when the whole guitar is listed at $3000.

Body+neck = $1700
pickups = $300
electronics = $80
tuners = $100

= $2300?

What am I missing here?
Just off the top of my head, plastics (poker chip, jack plate) would cost you $50-100, and a case would add a few more hundred to that as well. So it might be possible to hit the under, but I think it'd mostly be a wash.

Christosterone

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Body+neck = $1700
pickups = $300
electronics = $80
tuners = $100

= $2300?

What am I missing here?
stratosphere is awesome imho

-chris

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to manage getting a body from stratosphere...
I want this one

Manage quickly.

Victor had/has a set of P90s for sale.
Stratosphere had a 50's P90 gold top body.
I saw it before going to work in the morning.
I talked myself into it during the day.
By the time I got home, it was gone.

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just off the top of my head, plastics (poker chip, jack plate) would cost you $50-100, and a case would add a few more hundred to that as well. So it might be possible to hit the under, but I think it'd mostly be a wash.
Stratosphere can be anywhere from a deal to "really close" depending on what you build, and what you already have.
My Flying-V ended up probably $400 above Sam Ash, but it has all gold hardware, locking tuners, and a black pickguard.
My SG Standard was probably pretty close to retail, but with a hardcase and locking tuners, while the Standard comes with a soft case.

The rabbit hole of pickups is where you can make or break the cost of the build... A set of basic Duncans for $200 or Rewind or other higher end for $500+
OTOH, as with my Flying-V, though I spent more than I would have buying retail, I did not duplicate the costs for the upgraded parts... which was pretty much everything except the body. So ultimately, it's the Gibson version of a Partscaster, but it is absolutely identical to what it would have been had I bought it retail, as the only factory parts retained would have been the pots and capacitor.

Latest Threads