SLASH AFD Special II and player pack

gitmohair

Reaction score
This thread is a mess :/

I think the package is pretty cool though (the one the thread's meant to be about) and is probably the best Slash-related product Epi have done for a while.

gibbykohner

Reaction score
id probably buy it :hmm:

what i REALLY liked is Lee Malia (who?!?) Les Paul Custom :hmm::hmm:

N_031114C4.jpg

MrJudd77

Reaction score
Got an email from my LGS. They say the Slash Pack will be available in about 4 weeks and here in Australia will retail for about $650. This price is a little high for a Special II but not terrible for an updated Special II with built in tuner and amp with built in Slash Tonez.
I think this will have to be part of my collection

That Lee Malia is also very tastey

ROCKINGJACKSON

Reaction score
hi guys

The price of Epiphone Slash 'AFD' Les Paul Special-II Outfit:
$332

And Epiphone Slash 'AFD' Les Paul Special-II Performance Pack:
$480

you can check it by clicking on the link below:
Epiphone Press Site

fry

Reaction score
One of the online retailers that is on the internet under multiple names already has these for pre-order, $199 and $299. The press sight shows MSRP.

rem22

Reaction score
Don't expect to have an amp with Slash tone for this amount of money...even the guitar...a good set of humbuckers pick ups cost more than this guitar.

It might be a good start for beginners who are fan of Slash, because it will give you the envy to play.
Getting 100% Slash tone is nearly impossible because you are not him and you don't have his touch, his fingers...

Getting 90% of Slash Tone is quite easy but it will cost you basically a grand : a good Les Paul with good humbuckers, a tube amp with a MArshall kind of sound (like a Marshal DSL5 or a Blackstar).

But, the most important part is.. you can do great GnR or Slash songs with another sound :

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9oae5ClxaQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UltXARGcBrM[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wdTea9sPSM[/ame]

MrJudd77

Reaction score
Did not honestly think it would have anything near slash tonez. I do know that it is possible to play GnR and Slash songs on other non slash and AFD branded guitars. Chill dude.

The price I quoted was for the full kit here in Australia. Paying the 'you live on the other side of the planet' TAX just like we do on just about everything else.

Azathoth

Reaction score
Did not honestly think it would have anything near slash tonez. I do know that it is possible to play GnR and Slash songs on other non slash and AFD branded guitars. Chill dude.

The price I quoted was for the full kit here in Australia. Paying the 'you live on the other side of the planet' TAX just like we do on just about everything else.

We all knew what you meant. :thumb: I hear it's cheaper for an Aussie to get a round-trip airplane ticket to the US and buy Photoshop here, than it is to buy Photoshop in Australia. I love Australia though, not knocking it.

MrJudd77

Reaction score
I love KAT and Vuze for making the part about buying photoshop obsolete.

I also love my country even though we have higher taxes than anywhere else.

The Outlaw

Reaction score
anyone actually played one of these yet? the guitar not the amp i mean... was looking to pick up a epi special to keep in the truck with me and one of these arent much more and i've always been a sucker for the look of the afd guitar

Latest Threads