Slash AFD: No 'Made in USA' on the headstock

Schroerg

Reaction score
My Gibson Les Paul Slash Appeitite for Destruction has no 'Made in USA' on the back of the headstock. I was always wondering about that, but I never thought about asking around before.
I bought new from Thomann.de back then. It came in a Gibson Box and with all papers and stuff, actually I have no worries about the guitar being a fake.
But any other Slash AFD pics I have seen show the 'Made in USA'.
All my other Gibsons have it as well.
Any idea how this could happen?

joedonner2001

Reaction score
I can't help, but how about some pics and I'm sure someone here will have more info.

trovador

Reaction score
Because it is a 'Custom Shop' guitar and not 'Gibson USA.' Custom shop guitars, including historic reissues, don't have that Made in USA stamp and also they are still made in the USA.

Schroerg

Reaction score

Schroerg

Reaction score
Made it, here are the pics.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 125
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 242

Wild_Rose

Reaction score
I can see the "Made in USA" text. And I know that Thomann doesn't sale fakes. stop worrying, start playing!

Schroerg

Reaction score
Really? Sorry, I can't see it while looking at the Guitar directly...
However, I don't really worry, I just wonder how all of them seem to have it but mine.

tzd

Reaction score
I can see the "Made in USA" text. And I know that Thomann doesn't sale fakes. stop worrying, start playing!

Haha, wow I had to stare at it really hard and now I can see it too! The 'DE' and 'IN' is a bit more clear than the rest of the lettering. They must have pressed it really light on this headstock.

ToneasaurusRex

Reaction score
Really? Sorry, I can't see it while looking at the Guitar directly...
. . .

It may be my imagination, but look right between the two top tuners, the D and the G, and there appears, in the photo, to be a faint impression in the wood.

Peace

Rex

battra

Reaction score
You guys are nuts.

I don't see it.

This is like those damnable magic eye thins isn't it?

Those weren't real either!

Just another big damned scam!

To the OP, enjoy the bejesus outta that guitar or I'll hunt you down and something something ominous...I dunno where I'm going here.

Schroerg

Reaction score
I can't believe it, it's really there!
Looking at it in the wrong light, it's totally invisible. But that you saw this on a heavily shrinked iPhone Pic, Wild Rose, is fantastic. Thanks a bunch!
I looked again very intense and turned the guitar back and forth until I could see it. No ink, the stamp must have hardly touched it. But indeed it says 'Made in USA 2010'.
Thanks so much! :)

El_Greco

Reaction score
Yeap, you can see it if you stare at it long enough :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_f8ayQQx4I]Look, a sail boat!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Gibson calibrates the "Slash" Tone very carefully. They must have calculated that it was the amount of pressure needed on that particular guitar to bring out the Slash Tone. Might also have had to do with the 9 digits serial number. Compensation for the change from the 8 digits number guitars = less "imprint" with "Made in USA".

Tone is a very delicate thing.

roodyrocker

Reaction score
Also keep in mind that occasionally Gibson forgets to stamp Made In USA on some guitars. I remember this happening on a forum members' Ace Budokan which he bought new. It had no Made In USA in it whereas the others we've seen did. It was one of the VOS models. It happens.

Rudy

GeeJay

Reaction score
I've tweaked your photo in photoshop to bring out the Made in USA... Can just see the impression..

Attachments

• 4 copy.jpg
    4 copy.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 84

Latest Threads