Skip School, get shot in the ass

Arkog

Banned
Reaction score
"Child" shot near DeKalb elementary school

By Mike Morris and John Spink The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

A child shot behind a DeKalb County elementary school late Thursday morning was playing hooky with two other youths, and was wounded when one of the three fired a gun, police said. Police are stationed at the elementary school near where a child was shot Thursday morning.

The shooting happened in a wooded area about 50 yards from Montclair Elementary School, according to DeKalb Public Safety Director William Miller.

DeKalb police Lt. Pam Kunz said investigators had “determined that several juveniles skipped school with the intention of committing some burglaries:shock:

“At some point, while they were in the wooded area behind the school, a handgun was produced and the 12-year-old was shot,” Kunz said, adding that detectives were still trying to determine which one of the youths fired the shot.
Kunz said none of the youths attended Montclair Elementary.
The school was on lockdown, and Miller asked that parents not come to the school.

The boy, who Miller said apparently stayed out of school Thursday with two other boys ages 16 and 17, initially gave police a vague description of a man who he said shot him.

Miller said police had recovered a weapon from the scene.
The boy, who was shot in the buttocks, was taken to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite in "serious to moderate" condition, Miller said.

"He's not in critical or life-threatening condition right now," Miller said shortly after noon.

Rich

Non sequitur
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGzkQAIHTTY]Repo Man - Let's Go Get Sushi And Not Pay - YouTube[/ame]

River side

Reaction score
Someday, I'll post up a random "news" piece without comment and see how it goes.

Arkog

Banned
Reaction score
Someday, I'll post up a random "news" piece without comment and see how it goes.
982822_4910_625x1000.jpg

Goals are good!:thumb:

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I wonder where they got the gun from. As far as who fired the shot, there are only two possible choices. One or the other. Are they waiting for Sherlock Holmes or something?

I'm guessing the gun belongs to the parents of one of the two.

Whichever parent owns the gun, their kid did it.
How did the kid get the gun and the ammo? Not locked up or kid knew the combination to the safe (I'm betting there's no safe and it was not locked up).

There's more than enough "Teh Stoopid" to go around.

River side

Reaction score
Is anyone worried about how skipping school gets a kid shot, or the chips on my shoulder?

I'm still wondering about the point, if there was one beyond "here's a story that I thought was interesting because (insert some random bullshit here)."

And why was "Child" in quotes?

SFK

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sorry , I stopped reading after Lt. Pam Kunz.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Is anyone worried about how skipping school gets a kid shot, or the chips on my shoulder?

Oh, come on, my wisecrack about guns not killing people, ditching does got a smile out of you. You know it did.

I'm still wondering about the point, if there was one beyond "here's a story that I thought was interesting because (insert some random bullshit here)."

What's the point of your post? That everything must have a point?

I find this exchange interesting.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It would be better if the horse bit somebody on the ass.

Arkog

Banned
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4fWN6VvgKQ]The Youngbloods - Get Together - YouTube[/ame]

dangolguitartec

Reaction score
Welcome to Atlanta...:wave:

I love Atlanta.
Born and raised in Atlanta.
I've seen the world many times and I still choose to call Atlanta my home...

The above story is why I no longer live in the city.

Caleb

Platinum Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
They're starting young these days.

mtgguitar

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

And why was "Child" in quotes?

The OP does not appear to be a random news story. A boy is being mentored by street trash.

Some threads are used to smoke out pseudo-mods.

Latest Threads