Sitting Here Watching Rocky......

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I was BLESSED to be born in Trenton Nj - moving to Pennsy at 6 months. This HOLY area is beyond comprehension. We are the ultimate losers? Winners? Actually, we are not defined by those terms. We are "other." Suffering is our mission. Last night I got a call from one of my oldest friends.

RrRRrRrRrRrrRrRrRRrriiiinngggggggggggg
I always answer and leave dead space-you called me-talk

"Tim?"
"EVERY second.'
"This is Brennan."
"Holy CRIPES!"

Brennan and I met in 5th grade. He was from the apartments across the fields from my house. He was "exotic" , I never knew an apartment dweller. I did my first bong with Brennan and his older friends. I stood there......Bwwwwwweeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp-----
I almost fainted-Brennan grabbed the bong before it hit the ground-that's what friends are for. He was the first guy to teach me the term" Wannabe"-he stood there before the 5th grade bathroom mirror-he actually was shaving in 5th grade! Brad Klugger came in,

"Brad, you are a Wannabe."
Brad snorted.
"Brennan , what is a Wannabe?"
"Wannnnn---aaaaa-----bbbeeeeeeee-a-----BIKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

"Yeah, I'm up from Vermont."
"How you been?"
"Well, I have "fits" now."
"Are you a werewolf?"
"No, I get seizures."
"Too bad."
"Yeah, I flop like a fish -hits me when I cough and climax."
"Two of your favorite things.

We talked for an hour=teenage "fun." Our favorite tale is when after smoking a 1/4 of "guff" =we sang Ballad of Curtis Loew

while "believing" we could shake a dead 45 feet tree to the ground? We ended up with bark in our hair and sore hands. One day I "hid" a bottle of Jack in the airport woods. We cut our hands of stickers-never found the bottle-see a trend?

"What is a seizure like?"
"I see myself from above-out of body experience."
"Sounds decent."
" It is OK, I usually end up bloody somewhere.'

This made me jealous. I'm not "allowed" to bleed anymore=MRS. FEZZ "flips" when I bleed. My father is also "lucky"-he is on blood thinners-EVERY time he helps me fix something in my house he BLEEDS AND BLEEDS-his blood is all over my house! He leaves,

"Dang, he is a stud-BLOOD -----is the answer--but, like you say MRS.FEZZ- I'm healed now- I have ZERO urge to bleed......

as my fingers are crossed behind my back

"Well, I better roll Tim, how about meeting me at Jim's house on Friday? I probably wont ever be back in Pennsy-they pulled my license due to my seizures.'
"Brennan, I will be there ----maybe we can "shake" a dead tree?
"Peace."

ccCCccCccCcCcccllliiickk

Ahhhh, nothing like talking to an old Philly style friend....... The Power and the Gory....actually, no power, just gory........

Rocky is now beating THE MEAT-----------Rocky is TOUGH+++++++++he lost the fight to Creed=the perfect Philly story!

1631202551071.png

Last edited:

PapaSquash

Reaction score
One of my sisters lives just outside Trenton. Next time I visit I'll have to stop and see Fezz.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
There is a movie about Chuck Wepner it's either called Chuck... or wepner..... anyway he was a low ranked contender and fought Ali and knocked him down was just seconds away from going the distance. Stallone told everyone that ROCKY was based on him..... years later he sued Stallone and won.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I just got back from our meeting, looking into the face of my own mortality, Brennan looks ancient,granted he has abused himself for the last 42 years.

We stood there in the house that he is selling,the finality of it all.I really doubt I will ever see Brennan in the flesh again.
"Tim,check out this."

He handed me a picture of his little league team, I remember all the names,this was over 4 decades ago!

"You guys had the team,Marchuk and Bransfield,both of those guys threw REAL HEAT,I bet they were hitting 70 mph,seemed like lightning to me."
" Yeah,I was the only one who could catch them."

We watch the guys spreading mulch,this is the last time I will look out these windows.

"Brennan,I must roll,let's get a picture together."

We hug,flash goes off!
He gives me two rakes and an axe,
"Love you,don't die,we are dropping like turds these days,seems like every month one of the class of 84 kicks off,we partied too hard."
"Tim,yes we did."

I drove away, We've known it each other for 45 years......lots of algae under these rocks.....

pnuggett

Reaction score
I just got back from our meeting, looking into the face of my own mortality, Brennan looks ancient,granted he has abused himself for the last 42 years.

We stood there in the house that he is selling,the finality of it all.I really doubt I will ever see Brennan in the flesh again.
"Tim,check out this."

He handed me a picture of his little league team, I remember all the names,this was over 4 decades ago!

"You guys had the team,Marchuk and Bransfield,both of those guys threw REAL HEAT,I bet they were hitting 70 mph,seemed like lightning to me."
" Yeah,I was the only one who could catch them."

We watch the guys spreading mulch,this is the last time I will look out these windows.

"Brennan,I must roll,let's get a picture together."

We hug,flash goes off!
He gives me two rakes and an axe,
"Love you,don't die,we are dropping like turds these days,seems like every month one of the class of 84 kicks off,we partied too hard."
"Tim,yes we did."

I drove away, We've known it each other for 45 years......lots of algae under these rocks.....

Keep the stone rolling.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Keep the stone rolling.
pnugget,we both intend to. We are both very lucky to be alive,my main demon was alcohol,his was having no father and WHATEVER he could get his hands on.

No more bluster,I could see DEATH in his eye,I'm sure he saw it in mine. Funny thing is I'm in perfect shape,same jean size as 19, no meds,full head of hair.....but,prone to melancholia...luckily,I live in fantasy 85% of the time.... any more than that I will float away-need 15% of BITTER reality

...Brennan? I think he has 10 more years? He "dabbled" with too many things,glad he is now retired and growing plants LEGALLY in Vermont....Hell,maybe the weed will save him? No hope for me,POET blood always gets you in the end..

Tim,I must say,real nice writing lately.
Thanks SNOWMANFEZZ,
This is DEVILFEZZ,I like all the mortality talk
Thanks DEVILFEZZ,you usually prefer the LOUD stuff,
Yeah,but,I need you well,you die ,I lose my host..........

mgenet

Earth = Cheese Burger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
mgenet,sorry.I watched as a childe,I was a big fan,really liked Magilla Gorilla too.
Yeah, R&B was poor in the animation department but great in
the writing department. Loved Fractured Fairytales.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember one of the first movies the wife and I watched while dating was Rocky IV, and people were standing up in the audience cheering Rocky on. To this day that may be the best crowd participation I've ever witnessed. :laugh2:

Latest Threads