Sister Mary

Steinmetzify

Reaction score
Great read. Thanks for posting it. Hope she does get to that counselor......man, the lives we lead can be ever so complicated, even from the outside looking in.

I find that as I get older, other people's problems become more palpable and therefore easier to deal with. I hope by the time I'm your age, the patience that you have in dealing with people like this is partly mine as well.

You're a good man, sir....way to help out a fellow human.

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
For me to brag about her consummate genius as a sexual virtuoso would be a lot like listening to asphalt bragging about having been steamrollered.

I laughed so hard at the mental image I got with this.... this is a keeper :laugh2::applause:

Mexicanbreed

Banned
Reaction score
The way I see it... you got laid, possibly made a friend, and we got another good story of yours.

I approve of this post.:thumb:

dave b

Reaction score
Once again, I tip my hat to your storytelling skills. That was a good read.:thumb:

BillB1960

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk5UnA7aQ4s&feature=fvwrel]Cheech & Chong Greatest Hits: Sister Mary Elephant - YouTube[/ame]

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
It is good to know that Hunter S. Thompson is alive and well.

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Reaction score
R, nice piece. Read every word. There is some really nice
prose in there. A wonderful read.

Thanks.

Start a blog and name it Roblog.

Cloverdale Road

Reaction score
Excellent read Roberteaux! Have you ever considered writing for a living? You're quite good at it.

lespaul01

Banned
Reaction score
Robert.. I like ya man.. I can't read that though. TMI

I actually read it right after posting. lol.. That was messed up. Id have chucked her off the balcony.

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm still on the Rt66 quest, so coverage is iffy. Sometimes there's wi-fi though!

Heya brother-- glad you like your shirt! You be careful out there on 66, though... have a great trip! :)

You're a more patient man then I. I would've called her a crazy 'B' and been done with it. I don't like being involved in other peoples games and dramas.

Me either, bro... but I was kinda stuck with the situation and more or less had to ride it out... :laugh2:

Ahhh... who am I kidding? I wouldn't have missed this for the world!

Roberteaux must have the gift of gab.

I can talk fairly well if I need to... but try hard not to need to! :D

I have a feeling in person he wouldn't, not unless he knew you well enough to be comfortable around you.

I think he's a people watcher.

(we can usually spot our own.)

You nailed me, Mal... I really am a people watcher.

Actually, I'm kind of a funny guy all the way around. I hate crowds of any sort and avoid them like the plague... but don't mind working crowd control details so long as I'm being paid. I do tend to be very quiet for the most part, and seldom initiate conversations with others... but can talk all night if I am in the mood to do so.

Mainly, though-- you got me right. When in the presence of those I care for and trust, it can be hard to get me to actually STFU...

... she seems anything but normal and at the same time has the same damn problems as everyone else.

I couldn't have said it any better, Tex. Mary is actually a normal girl... in an abnormal kind of way! :laugh2:

I think you helped her to realize a few things about herself which she needed to hear.

Thanks, Pinkie... I do my best when it comes to this sort of thing. I've been there myself...

Damn, but I lead a boring life.

You should count your lucky stars! :D

Hope she does get to that counselor......man, the lives we lead can be ever so complicated, even from the outside looking in.

I find that as I get older, other people's problems become more palpable and therefore easier to deal with. I hope by the time I'm your age, the patience that you have in dealing with people like this is partly mine as well.

You're a good man, sir....way to help out a fellow human.

Thanks Metzie. I do my best. We are nothing, if not for whatever it is that we do on behalf of others. Love is the highest law.

Despite the crappy way things rolled at first, I simply couldn't have turned my back on her. In every train wreck, there are guys who try to get things put back together...

I want what he's on.

NO YOU DON'T! :laugh2:

I'm pleased that you like your shirt. I bought it in a place called Reverend Zombie's... it is one of a couple of full-service Voodoo shops in the city, and the instant I spotted it I knew I had found something I wanted you to have!

Damn Robert, that was alot to go through for some pussy.

VERY nicely written. Hell of a date, though...

Believe it or not, I've been through worse. One of these nights I'm gonna tell you guys about--

Naw, forget it! :laugh2:

Start a blog and name it Roblog.

Thanks for the suggestion, my friend. But you know, unless you send some sort of petition to the mods, y'all are STUCK with me for the time being!

Many thanks to all of you guys who left me with a positive comment, or who otherwise let me know you enjoyed this latest warped tale of mine. Sure wish I would have edited it, though. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy! :dunno:

Special note to Praxis: Oh, you are such a rogue! You know, one of these days you're gonna kill me by making me laugh too hard! :laugh2:

And one for Les Paul 01: don't think it didn't cross my mind! :laugh2:

Life... sure as hell is weird.

--R :D

Gin&Pentatonic

Reaction score
I don't know much about Bill O'Reilly but he said something once that really struck me and reading your story reminded me of it.

"Selfish people are not subtle."

I interpret that as meaning that, unless you're completely dense, it doesn't take much to figure out that somebody is trying to use you for something. And you're no simpleton so it's not surprising that you not only knew something was up, but also knew how to play the game.

Another thing that I've seen some guys, myself included for a while, fall into is trying to be the savior. But it's impossible to be a lover and a psychologist for a woman at the same time. Make a clean cut and keep it that way. Be one or the other and make a clear distinction between the two. I could have saved myself a good deal of heartache if I had learned that sooner than I did.

The woman obviously needed help. And I'm not convinced that people like her are good people at the core. But I only know her by a story. I know one though though. You're one lucky bastard for sacking it when you had the chance!

This was a great read :thumb:

HARDWEAR

Reaction score
It's good to be King.......but sometimes it's good to be just a "mute, but ambulatory masturbation device". Heeheeheehe :)

Mary was out foxed......but lucky for her it was somebody like you or she may have thrown herself off the balcony. Hopefully you done her some good.
The phone call everyday though....hmmmm....

You're a good man Robert.

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wow. That's quite a big headtrip for a little tail. :shock:

I'm glad you saw it for what it was, and came out of it alright.

I think the minute I heard:

"Oh my yes-- he's exactly as you described him. Perfect!"

... I'd be headed to the door, fearing that I was about to become the main ingredient in some sort of satanic gumbo or something.

It sounds like you at least gave this woman the straight facts that she needs to face this stuff, and quit playing games with people... And herself.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think the minute I heard:

"Oh my yes-- he's exactly as you described him. Perfect!"

... I'd be headed to the door, fearing that I was about to become the main ingredient in some sort of satanic gumbo or something.

:lol::laugh2:

I thought the same thing.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Hey, Rob, that's some writing, right there.

I don't know what was at work in the Universe today, but I've had this song I'm working on, no lyrics yet, just music, and as I was reading this just now I picked up my guitar and the part I was stuck on came unstuck.

There's a common note, I think, a wistfulness to your tale here that struck the right chord. It speaks to me.

Rankelson

Reaction score
Captivating Catfish Rob
That was a thoroughly mesmerising read

Your talents as a scribe can only be marvelled in reciprocation
by us lucky backstagers

Poor Mother Mary
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqYzYq1IW5o[/ame]

Torren61

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMTyn3RETBs]Bart Squishy - YouTube[/ame]

Latest Threads