Sir Fletcher..

parts

Reaction score

Our great friend Sir Fletcher or Fletch as we usually called him..passed last night in his sleep. 15 years old and had gotten thin.. He would come to my desk and demand pets..and get a massage.. Last night was the first without him. My son took it hard as Fletch was always by his side..
We buried him by his brother and sister in wooden box I made..as with his sister and brother..under a giant Eucalyptus tree I planted 20 years ago. All three have a rock mound and a JFK "perpetual" flame :) solar light and flowers..of course..plastic..

He had a dignity..never had a toy..never really played..we always called him Sir as he did what he wanted and if he wanted pets..he would bump his head into you..then when he was done..went on his way.

The only thing he ever seemed to like to "play" with...plastic wrap !

Even as a kitten we could here him in pantry ripping plastic off 6 packs of bottled water..or stealing zip locks.. As you can see..he's take it and sleep on plastic bag..

So we buried him with his plastic bag in his paws..

We have one cat now.. We got him so our 2 year old grandson had him after Fletcher's sister died..and Munchie (Grandson nickname) loved Lint.. She died in my wife's arms..she had adopted wife since she was a kitten.

The new "litttle cat" E..what out then 14 month old GS called him came from rescue. Grandson and he bonded at the rescue..
The minute we got him home he ran to Munchie laying on our bed..and they have been inseparable since..

Oh yeah..E is very easy going..lets Munchie lay on him..and as this 8 month old cat is now about 15 LBS and growing..probably a Maine Coon..

Sir Fletcher had 15 great years..we miss him..already..but all things pass..even all loved ones..

Last edited:

TheX

just some do0d
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, losing family members is never easy.

KP11520

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are taking it much better than I would.

You all have my heartfelt compassion. Especially your son, as I am like him. Devastated when I lose one!

Peace!

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about Sir Fletcher parts. It's never easy losing good friends.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
So sorry to hear. I am a life-long cat hater. However, about 10 years ago, my kids and ex (against my wishes) rescued three cats. We lost one, early on, and I was surprisingly crushed. They became a big part of our lives and while I still might be technically "Not a cat person" I do love these cats.

My condolences to you and your family.

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about Sir Fletcher. He had a great life, may he RIP.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
RIP to your cat-may the happy memories soon overcome the sadness.

Latest Threads