Singlecut54 - Terry Morgan

Cookie-boy

Reaction score
A dear friend, an enormously talented man and a very knowledgable expert on our beloved instrument is seeing his last hours/days in a hospice with terminal cancer. He has just asked me to let everyone know. Many of us in this place have been touched by his generosity, his spirit, his character, his modesty, his infectious sense of humour and above all his talent.
What a guy! I shall miss him enormously, but more so his bacon sandwiches! God bless him!

RAG7890

Reaction score
Cookie, that is just beyond heartbreaking, just so sad to hear this news mate.

We only corresponded late February when he helped me, help a fellow member out with a '53 Thin Ear Wraptail & Studs.

Terry is an awesome guy and will be sorely missed by all of us here that knew him & of course Sue and his entire Family.

I can only say I'm richer for knowing him & speaking with him. God bless Terry.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us.

Rudi

jwinger

Reaction score
A fantastic human and wonderfully talented individual

Big John

log stand
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm just now reading this. I was planning on meeting him when crossing the pond next year. I still owe him a couple pints for helping me out with a couple projects. Such a cool dude. This sucks.

kingsxman

Reaction score
The nicest guitar I've ever played was made by Terry Morgan. Very sad.

RAG7890

Reaction score
Just had a call from Terry's wife. He passed away this morning. Rest in peace old friend. X
Thanks for this update Cooks, as hard as it is, I appreciate it.

RIP Terry & God speed. It was wonderful knowing you, I’ll always remember you & your awesome accent mate.

Condolences & prayers to Sue & all the Family.

:love:

Rudi.

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, and it was many many years ago, Terry and I first ever met on this forum. He rapidly became one of my firmest friends, and I feel honoured that of all the guitars he made or worked on for me, I still have all but one. That one now belongs to a good friend as his main squeeze.

This forum has connected a load of us in a way I could not have imagined 20 years ago. The first MLP Bridport meeting cemented a few friendships that will probably run for life, the second allowed a few more, unfortunately at least a few that have ended, because we don't all go on forever.

Remember Terry for his talent as a luthier and repairer of beautiful guitars, never forget he was a good guitarist (and occasional singer if you could talk him into it), but most of all remember what a decent, honest, positive and kind soul he was.

I was going to write a long history of our friendship, but there is no point. So many others share huge chunks of it. The important thing is that he was our friend. For me, in dreams, he always will be.

Latest Threads