Sin pickups, are they any good?

fry

Reaction score
He was selling them on reverb for a stretch last year, seemed to be doing brisk business. He sent me a note with the last ones saying that he was going to be off dealing with chemo, and not listing any for a while. He disappeared from reverb entirely. Then I heard he was selling them on the offer up site, so I went over there and took a chance, didn’t pan out. No biggie, I wasn’t holding my breath. It was just something I was thinking about for a project.

fry

Reaction score
His Offer Up store is gone now.
Oh wow, that’s interesting. I took a peek a couple hours after the sale was canceled, and his store was still up, including pickups, even the ones I tried to purchase. Wonder what happened between then and now?

Roxy13

Reaction score
Oh wow, that’s interesting. I took a peek a couple hours after the sale was canceled, and his store was still up, including pickups, even the ones I tried to purchase. Wonder what happened between then and now?
I don't know, I went to check it and poof, gone. I had it bookmarked and all I got was a white screen with some writing saying it was a bad URL or something.

fry

Reaction score
I don't know, I went to check it and poof, gone. I had it bookmarked and all I got was a white screen with some writing saying it was a bad URL or something.
Looks like he’s off the grid again, not the first time. I don’t know firsthand, but from what I read, it’s hard to make much money winding your own pickups. Between the materials and the time you put in, you can’t sell them for low prices like that and really make it worth your trouble.

Mark V Guitars

バナナフライング...
Reaction score
I just saw a couple of offerup listings. Replied to me once, then nothing.

Latest Threads