Silverburst, Yuh yuh yuh!

Tim Plains

Reaction score
Nice! I love silvers. What pup is that in the bridge?
Nice Supreme you got there, too!

Robster

Premium Member
Reaction score
For some reason, I really don't care for the SB. To me, it looks like a black-and-white pic of a standard burst. To each his own, though! Still a beautiful custom you've got there! Is the hardware nickel? I thought all customs had gold accents...

R

nakleh

Reaction score
I love silverbursts, but am not a fan of the fact that they tend to turn greenish yellow over time..

That SG Silverburst GOTW is pretty sweet, imo.

decoy205

Reaction score
I love silverbursts, but am not a fan of the fact that they tend to turn greenish yellow over time..

That SG Silverburst GOTW is pretty sweet, imo.
I'm pretty sure the newer one's don't turn as green as the older one's the metal in the Paint on the older one's oxidized like old gold tops. The lacquer in the newer one's might give it a yellowish tinge over the years.

Tim Plains

Reaction score
These GOTW are pretty cool.

buckwild, I know of one for sale...still new...if you're interested.

Robster

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the newer one's don't turn as green as the older one's the metal in the Paint on the older one's oxidized like old gold tops. The lacquer in the newer one's might give it a yellowish tinge over the years.
You're right - the nitrocellulose formula Gibson uses today is very different from the nitro of the 'old' days. Today's nitro finishes contain plasticizers, which stabilize the colors much more and are much more resistant to fading and discoloration. Some see this as a good thing, others complain that it is sacrelige! I am kinda on the fence on this issue. I wish that my HC sunburst would fade eventually to a nice tobacco burst, but that's not going to happen, like it would if it were finished 30 years ago. It's RED and it's gonna be RED for a long time... LOL

R

Androo

Reaction score
Cool guitar! Not my style though. Prefer the [usual] honey/cherry/desert sunburst!

Sorry if i'm too boring....