Silverburst Custom - Adam Jones Signature

Should Adam Jones get his own signature Les Paul?

• Yes

Votes: 159 56.8%
  • No

Votes: 39 13.9%
  • Never heard the guy

Votes: 82 29.3%

• Total voters

pirate19

Reaction score
Would love to have an Adam Jones Signature, but will never happen at those prices. My Agile 3100 Silverburst will have to do.

dsquared

Reaction score
These prices are almost double what they are actually going to sell for.

dsquared

Reaction score
$10K signed, $6K unsigned.

I wonder if these sellers know any of the specs, like the new custom SD pickups? ;)

Reflect_ion

Reaction score
10K is maybe more like it for a signed one. Seeing there's only 79 made?

Generally speaking, for a signature LP, how many does Gibson make (signed/unsigned/aged/VOS)?

Daniel.S

Reaction score

duckfather18

Reaction score
So someone's been at home for too long and has been on the pipe. Hahaha
Crack will do that you lol

antiferous

Reaction score
I know the specs of this guitar, pricing, general release date etc. I give all I know from a dealer. I reserved mine about 2 months ago. I had to seek it out and ask a dealer to keep his ear to the ground. He called me and said pay and it’s mine.

150 non signed non aged: $6k
50 signed and aged (maybe 79): $10k
October ship sate
Pots are not Alessandro unfortunately but dimarzio
Super distortion bridge pick up but not sure if it matches the 1990’s spec
Paint is supposed to be the original color despite it being rumored to not exist anymore

dsquared

Reaction score
I heard 50 signed too but I can imagine 79 for the novelty.

I was told pickups are custom Seymour Duncan, not Dimarzio. I guess we'll find out soon. I expect them to start landing next week. Adam Jones' IG stories have shown some cool previews lately. Super excited, no lie. I hate 2020.

antiferous

Reaction score
I heard 50 signed too but I can imagine 79 for the novelty.

I was told pickups are custom Seymour Duncan, not Dimarzio. I guess we'll find out soon. I expect them to start landing next week. Adam Jones' IG stories have shown some cool previews lately. Super excited, no lie. I hate 2020.
Yes pickups are Duncan’s, the pots are dimarzio

gball

Reaction score
Yes pickups are Duncan’s, the pots are dimarzio
Have they released the full specs on these yet? I own an original '79 and in the few photos I have seen they are definitely not accurate copies of a '79, which is really disappointing. How hard would it have been to get the horn shape, top carve, headstock shape, and tailpiece position correct? Have they confirmed for example that these will have a 3-piece maple neck with 14-degree peghead and volute? That neck is a huge part of the mojo these guitars have, without it then they would be utter fail.

antiferous

Reaction score
Have they released the full specs on these yet? I own an original '79 and in the few photos I have seen they are definitely not accurate copies of a '79, which is really disappointing. How hard would it have been to get the horn shape, top carve, headstock shape, and tailpiece position correct? Have they confirmed for example that these will have a 3-piece maple neck with 14-degree peghead and volute? That neck is a huge part of the mojo these guitars have, without it then they would be utter fail.
A123DA7B-7870-451C-81C3-B0E118AC7200.png

Daniel.S

Reaction score
They almost got it right. See the tailpiece doesn't line up with the volume knob and the horn isn't correct. ;)
Edit: At least the Gibson logo looks correct for the era.
Screenshot_2020-09-22 Cesar (Gibson) on Instagram “Which one would you play #personalcollectio...png

Reflect_ion

Reaction score
Whoops looks like I’ll have some explaining to do. I contacted some guitar stores after seeing the announcement at NAMM earlier this year. And then 3 weeks ago I was contacted and offered to buy one (actually 2 as 2 stores got back to me). At first I was offered the VOS for which I was a bit reluctant (seeing Gibson hasn’t got the horn and headstock shape correct) but then the second store offered me the aged and signed and I couldn’t let it pass. Tool and thus Adam Jones are the reason I started playing so having a signature that passed through his hands means quite a lot for me. Plus I think such an opportunity won’t be back anytime soon in Europe as my guy assumed a dozen or so A&S would be marketed in Europe (and about the same for Asia, the rest for the US, this is just an assumption).
I’ll be able to compare it with my ‘08 silverburst and more importantly my ‘80 and ‘81. Quite exited, just a couple more weeks...

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Whoops looks like I’ll have some explaining to do. I contacted some guitar stores after seeing the announcement at NAMM earlier this year. And then 3 weeks ago I was contacted and offered to buy one (actually 2 as 2 stores got back to me). At first I was offered the VOS for which I was a bit reluctant (seeing Gibson hasn’t got the horn and headstock shape correct) but then the second store offered me the aged and signed and I couldn’t let it pass. Tool and thus Adam Jones are the reason I started playing so having a signature that passed through his hands means quite a lot for me. Plus I think such an opportunity won’t be back anytime soon in Europe as my guy assumed a dozen or so A&S would be marketed in Europe (and about the same for Asia, the rest for the US, this is just an assumption).
I’ll be able to compare it with my ‘08 silverburst and more importantly my ‘80 and ‘81. Quite exited, just a couple more weeks...
Cool man!
It’ll be exciting to see them all together!
I’m so happy I got my ‘79 Silverburst when I did.
I just wanted a change of music so getting more into Tool meant I was influenced by Adam to seek a Silverburst. Even more lucky to get a ‘79 :D

Latest Threads